HDHomeRun will not record to windows PC HD

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
howie

HDHomeRun will not record to windows PC HD

Post by howie » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:30 am

I have been using Intel NUC with win10 OS for HDHR Prime for about 8 months. My M.2 SSD stopped working. Last night I got a new stick and loaded win10, HDHR setup and HDHR App on it. The DVR will not record on NUC D-drive after the fresh install. No problem with watch TV or schedule recordings.

Some background:
When the SSD stopped working, I replace the NUC with Raspi 3 (which I was using before NUC). The DVR recording was redirected to Synology NAS. In the past, I was able to record shows on simultaneously on both Raspi 3 and NUC. Please advise on how to resolve the issue.

My email address is chou111@gmail.com. Sorry to use this forum. I couldn't find how to go the trouble shooting section of the forum.

Howard Chou

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Re: HDHomeRun will not record to windows PC HD

Post by djp952 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:49 am

howie wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:30 am
I have been using Intel NUC with win10 OS for HDHR Prime for about 8 months. My M.2 SSD stopped working. Last night I got a new stick and loaded win10, HDHR setup and HDHR App on it. The DVR will not record on NUC D-drive after the fresh install. No problem with watch TV or schedule recordings.

Some background:
When the SSD stopped working, I replace the NUC with Raspi 3 (which I was using before NUC). The DVR recording was redirected to Synology NAS. In the past, I was able to record shows on simultaneously on both Raspi 3 and NUC. Please advise on how to resolve the issue.

My email address is chou111@gmail.com. Sorry to use this forum. I couldn't find how to go the trouble shooting section of the forum.

Howard Chou
Hi Howie! While I can't specifically help you out on this, I think posting this same question at this place in the forum will get you the help you need:

viewforum.php?f=119 (HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting - main page).

(A moderator may come by and move your post over there too, they are cool like that here).

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: HDHomeRun will not record to windows PC HD

Post by jasonl » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:54 pm

[topic split and moved]

You don't currently have the DVR running on anything, but have had it running on the Windows PC at various points over the last few days. Most likely Windows is just blocking communications between the app and the DVR. Quit the HDHomeRun app, then right click on your start menu icon and select Command Prompt (Admin) or Windows PowerShell (Admin), and run:

Code: Select all

CheckNetIsolation LoopbackExempt -a -n="ef712ba7.hdhomerundvr_23nna27hyxhag"
Then reopen the app and see if it finds the DVR.