HDHomerun-Unable to play Channel - MartinLund.Senior

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
MartinLund.Senior

HDHomerun-Unable to play Channel - MartinLund.Senior

Post by MartinLund.Senior » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:49 am

Hi.

I'm having exactly the same problem.
And my answer to your question is yes, VLC plays the selected channel, picture and sound.

What next?

Martin

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: HDHomerun-Unable to play Channel - MartinLund.Senior

Post by jasonl » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:47 pm

Please enable the sending of diagnostic data in HDHomeRun Setup and run a channel scan, then enable the sending of data in the HDHomeRun app and try to watch something. See https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/trouble ... iagnostics for instructions on enabling the sending of data. Reply back with the device ID for your HDHomeRun and we will check the logs.

MartinLund.Senior

Post by MartinLund.Senior » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:20 am

Before I take action to send diagnostic information, the following might be considered:

My HDHR is playing OK on my HP Portable with Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

The problem concerns my Desktop Computer with Windows 10 Pro Enterprise 64 bit. I have tried with both a general Windows-HDHR installation and the specific Windows 10 App installation. None of these will run live tv.

I am aware of Windows 10 Pro N not having a Media Player as default, but I have installed the Windows Feature Pack.

Do you have any comments on this?

Martin

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:51 pm

N editions of Windows are not recommended.

Have you tried reinstalling the feature pack? Major updates usually break it and require it to be reinstalled.