Amazon Fire TV Devices Stuttering After Commerical!

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Amazon Fire TV Devices Stuttering After Commerical!

Post by signcarver » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:33 am

I was getting that error on other devices but only with DRM channels (which amazon doesn't support) this was happening for me on any android device (which fire devices are a form of) with <3GB ram. Currently 1125 and 1127 work for me but fail on drm channels after 16 hours of playing if i reduce my lineup by half but after 8 hours if i keep my full lineup on both primes... but only if diagnostics are off (if on i see that message much sooner but when off it usually crashes completely out of program with no error). I don't get the error if i only use 1 prime (still 2 quatros in the mix). However this morning I noted that i decided to switch channels after being on a drm channel for 7 1/2 hours and the channel i switched to was ota and it still crashed when the 8 hours came up.

brahmabullwf

Post by brahmabullwf » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:45 pm

No DRM here on Fox HD. Thanks for trying to help. This has been my main test today. I have literally tried everything today. I am at my wit's end.

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:17 pm

I am not seeing diagnostic logs from the HDHomeRun app at the time you referenced, only the device and DVR.

brahmabullwf

Post by brahmabullwf » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:52 pm

My bad I thought we moved away from the app and were focused on the 3 devices. This still happens with recording so I thought it wasn't involved?

Did you get anything out of the data you have seen?

Thanks

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:20 pm

Yes, there is an odd error at that time. The CableCARD did not respond to the normal copy protection system handshake (the card and the host handshake once per minute to make sure nothing has compromised the communication path). I'm not entirely sure what happens if that fails while a channel is going, but it wouldn't surprise me if the card started scrambling data as a protection mechanism, and the player barfed when it started getting scrambled data. It wouldn't account for the earlier packet loss and stuttering, but it could cause the end of stream. Replace the CableCARD.