Before You Ditch Your PRIME For An Online TV Streaming Service

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
shalamigri

Before You Ditch Your PRIME For An Online TV Streaming Service

Post by shalamigri » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:51 pm

Hope this is in the right forum. I just want people to see this because in an effort to reduce my cable bill, I was about to throw in the towel on my HDHomeruns.

Before you fully cut the cord, you may want to contact your cable provider first and get with the department that cancels TV services. I was getting RAKED by Charter Spectrum. Over $100 a month for channels I wasn't even watching anymore and I'm actually using 2 HDHomeruns in my house. After contacting Spectrum 2 times in 2 days, they finally told me about a Charter Spectrum Choice service that I never heard of. You get local channels plus 10 cable channels for just $34.99 a month. A popular online TV streaming service I'm sure everyone had heard of is right at $40 a month (the multiple stream package) and that's not including any of the extra packages you may want to add.

We REALLY don't watch much TV in my house anymore and only watch a handful of channels. Looks like I'll be sticking with my HDHomerun setup.

[moderator - title edit]