Multiple NFL Games

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
jbahlman@gmail.com

Multiple NFL Games

Post by jbahlman@gmail.com » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:54 am

So it seems like there are still issues setting multiple NFL games to record. I have a timer set for all Redskins games to record. It is 1pm, but i also wanted to watch the 4pm game also on Fox. But when i set that to record, the red dot disappears on the redskins game. I also tried to set the 1pm CBS game with the 1pm Fox game and at first both show red dots, but when i go to tasks and back the 1pm cbs game is the only one with the red dot. I guess i will just set the one game this week and hope someone can explain what we need to do. I would have thought after a couple of years sd would have figured this out.

jbahlman@gmail.com

Re: Multiple NFL Games

Post by jbahlman@gmail.com » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:02 am

btw this was using the windows 10 app 9/03b version.

When i went in my living room to the shield the 1pm Redskins game started, but has no red dot listed. The 4pm game has a red dot next to it. But the 1pm cbs game didn't start. Not sure how to tell what its going to do before it starts.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Post by signcarver » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:58 am

From what I see, this is only an issue for when one views episodes to try to view red dots... i set both 1pm (early games- i am used to east coast time convention for games) games to record, i also set all AZ Cardinals games (since that is what i get here) to record.

I may need to wait a few weeks to try something else as i set the 1pm games a little late as I don't have 2 late games and only 1 of the early games actually has a rule (both start at 1) but the team rule is also present. As a result, i believe my other 1pm game is recording since one can't stop recordings as it picked such up when set.

Unfortunately next week i have 2 late games and they start at different times so I can't check out if it is indeed a bug for setting 2 games at the same time but can confirm the bug for episodes (slice seems to indicate recordings of individual games... it does not seem to pick up from future team rule but seems to indicate this week's.

jbahlman@gmail.com

Post by jbahlman@gmail.com » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:23 am

So you think when i had the red dot for the other 1pm game, it would have probably recorded both 1pm games, since the other 1pm game was my team timer?
That makes me nervous because that is the one i need to have and not seeing a red dot makes me think it isn't going to record.

jbahlman@gmail.com

Post by jbahlman@gmail.com » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:30 am

I just tested with MLB , i have a team recording setup for the Nationals and have the red dot for every game. If i click on another game in the list of upcoming games and set it all of the red dots for the nationals disappear. I am going to test it out tonight to see what happens. My guess, based on what you said, is that both get recorded. If that is the case then it is a bug that the red dot doesn't show up on the team recordings when another one is also set.

Could SD chime in on the expected behavior in this scenario?

jbahlman@gmail.com

Post by jbahlman@gmail.com » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:38 am

I have the HD homerun DVR UI web server setup and it doesn't show my Nats games being scheduled for the next couple of days. So maybe it is just broken when a team series is setup?

signcarver
Expert

Post by signcarver » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:07 am

What I saw yesterday If you click on an individual episode (at least in tasks), it creates a oneoff and "cancels" the series however it did not cancel a team rule for what i tried it with (it did cancel other shows i tried such with) but until you leave the screen it still shows all with red dots. It apparently would not allow me to set two nfl rules at the same time... i started the 1pm games just after 1 so each did start to record and are listed as recordings in my case, but did not verify if the first continued to record as once started it does tie up the tuner.

The other issue i reported above (sorry confusing threads) was that padding times when set through discover rather than tasks were changing minutes to seconds (1m became 1s in rules created)

I usually manage recordings/rules with my own software so don't usually notice these things.

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Post by nateb » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:41 am

There are some updates happening in the backend with red dots, and it looks like some bugs are slipping through. This should not interfere with recordings, but we'll do some testing today and double check the code to make sure that's the case. I'll report back ASAP.

jbahlman@gmail.com

Post by jbahlman@gmail.com » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:18 pm

Ok thanks, looking forward to what you find. I am pretty sure that my Nats games aren't going to record anymore after i set the one mlb game to record today. When i first set the other game to record there were red dots for the new one and the others, but when i went back to the list of mlb games, it only had the new game and none of the nats games listed. The task for the nats games is still listed, but hdhomerun dvr ui page doesn't show any Nats games set to record in the future.

signcarver
Expert

Post by signcarver » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:52 pm

I wouldn't worry too much bout red dots, just make sure the rule (task) is still there (typically oneoffs re at the top, newer rules at the bottom unless you change priority)

nateb
Silicondust

Post by nateb » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:26 pm

jbahlman@gmail.com wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:18 pm
Ok thanks, looking forward to what you find. I am pretty sure that my Nats games aren't going to record anymore after i set the one mlb game to record today. When i first set the other game to record there were red dots for the new one and the others, but when i went back to the list of mlb games, it only had the new game and none of the nats games listed. The task for the nats games is still listed, but hdhomerun dvr ui page doesn't show any Nats games set to record in the future.
Any chance you could report back and say whether they ended up recording?

jbahlman@gmail.com

Post by jbahlman@gmail.com » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:06 am

I will need to do another test tonight because there wasn't a nats game on monday night. But the other game recorded and the Nats game did record last night, so even though the red dot went away on all the nats games it did record the next day.

I just set a task for a 7pm game tonight for another mlb game. it shows as a red dot, and the nats game for tonight doesn't have a red dot anymore (it showed red dots for both when i created the task, but when i clicked off and went back to mlb games it only shows one now).
Unfortunately the 2 games start at different times (7 and 7:30) so i can't test that tonight.

jbahlman@gmail.com

Post by jbahlman@gmail.com » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:13 am

Last night it recorded both games even though there wasn't a red dot for the team task. Now i need to find a night with 2 games at the same start time.

Weird thing is the one off task for 7pm is still listed this morning. When does that get cleared?
The list of games still has no red dots for my teams recordings, guessing it has something to do with the one off game still being listed in tasks.

nateb
Silicondust

Post by nateb » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:23 am

Please check red dots again. We've had a backend change that may fix the problem. (Has done so on my side)

jbahlman@gmail.com

Post by jbahlman@gmail.com » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:57 am

I was able to set a task for all the NFL games today (1pm, 4pm, 425pm, 825pm) and all the red dots show. It doesn't seem to interfere with the task for all the redskins games.

Also i figured out what is causing the crash when trying to change the end time. I have my reskins task set to 2hrs after. When i create the task for the other games, it says recording end time "on time" even for the redskins game. When i try and change it i get the crash with the "TypeError: Unable to get property 'for Each' of undefined or null Reference ....."
If you go to the tasks for any of the games they are already set to 2hr (probably because of the redskins task). But it doesn't bring that value when you are trying to create a new task and you think it is wrong. Hope that makes sense. If not let me know.