Choppy Playback/Buffering/Low Streaming Rate

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
schlitzbull

Choppy Playback/Buffering/Low Streaming Rate

Post by schlitzbull » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:34 am

Just this week I started getting choppy playback on HDHomeRun App. My signal looks fine but my streaming rate is little to none. My hardware setup has not changed at all. I have an antenna going to a powered splitter, to 2 connect boxes, eth to a wireless router that connects via 5ghz to my main router, then wired to all clients. I've had this setup for years and have had no trouble with it.

I've installed the newest firmware on the HDHR and both routers, even tried the beta. uninstalled and reinstalled all my HDHomeRun applications. I've rebooted both routers, HDHomeRun boxes, clients, reseated all cabling so I dont believe it to be hardware related. I did just get a crash "0xC00D36F2" but that is the first time ive seen it after banging on it for the past couple of hours. Windows is running the most current version.

Box IDs
Device ID: 10454B01
Device ID: 104BE3EA

Tuner 0 Status
Virtual Channel 50.1 WRAZ HD
Frequency 683.000 MHz
Program Number 3
Modulation Lock 8vsb
Signal Strength 100%
Signal Quality 98%
Symbol Quality 100%
Streaming Rate none <<<<<<<<<<< This will go to none and then stay around 1 to 1.5
Resource Lock 192.168.1.160

schlitzbull

Re: Choppy Playback/Buffering/Low Streaming Rate

Post by schlitzbull » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:12 am

Solved.

Definitely PEBKAC. I'm not sure what had changed by my connection to my wifi extender on 5Ghz was around 40%. I disabled the 5Ghz and enabled the 2.4Ghz which had about 70% signal strength and all is good now. I'll have to play a round with the antennas.