Account Information every time I open the app

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
clarkss12
Device ID: 104CBEA5 ;1055A951

Account Information every time I open the app

Post by clarkss12 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:42 pm

Please excuse me it this has already been asked.

I don't use the HDHomeRun app very often, but I added a new tuner, and I have been using this app to watch different channels. Every time I open the HDHomeRun app, it opens to the Account Information screen and I have to click "continue" to exit that screen. It does this on every one of my client hardware.

How to I turn that off?? When I open the app, I want it to go directly to either my recordings or live TV, NOT my account screen..................

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Re: Account Information every time I open the app

Post by signcarver » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:52 pm

A new tuner has to be registered (it will also show up if registered tuners are removed then you need to click the trash can... some versions of the UI on android will only allow the last one clicked) Continue should take care of it for new tuners but I swear there used to be an ADD button there that actually did it but haven't seen such lately in new UI or you can register the tuner with the link in the email for the DVR service. Just note that any changes of detected tuners bring up that screen.
Last edited by signcarver on Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:52 pm

There's probably a tuner that the app saw before, but is now missing. Select the trash can next to that device ID and it will stop bugging you. The device can be added back easily (the account screen will pop up again when a new device is detected), it just helps the DVR stuff keep track of which tuners to expect.

clarkss12

Post by clarkss12 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:05 pm

signcarver wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:52 pm
A new tuner has to be registered (it will also show up if registered tuners are removed then you need to click the trash can... some versions of the UI on android will only allow the last one clicked) Continue should take care of it for new tuners but I swear there used to be an ADD button there that actually did it but haven't seen such lately in new UI or you can register the tuner with the link in the email for the DVR service. Just note that any changes of detected tuners bring up that screen.
Thanks Signcarver, for the quick response. I had forgotten about registering it. When I use the email address and Activation Code, it says invalid email or code...........

HDHomeRun DVR access information...

Link: http://my.hdhomerun.com/dvr/register.html
Email: clarkss47@***.***
Activation code: 6******D

clarkss12

Post by clarkss12 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:07 pm

NedS wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:52 pm
There's probably a tuner that the app saw before, but is now missing. Select the trash can next to that device ID and it will stop bugging you. The device can be added back easily (the account screen will pop up again when a new device is detected), it just helps the DVR stuff keep track of which tuners to expect.
That "fixed" it..... Thanks