iOS app: UK Audio Description and VoiceOver Access

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
adhodgson

iOS app: UK Audio Description and VoiceOver Access

Post by adhodgson » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:51 pm

Hi,

Has anyone used the HomeRun HD software to pick up broadcasts in the UK with audio description? In the UK the AD track is separate from the main track so in order to receive the auio description the system needs to mix in both tracks. I have tried this on the Homerun software for iOS and there doesn't seem to be a way to mix both tracks. I haven't tried the DVR software yet but I am also getting this on the Plex DVR recordings.

In addition is there any chance someone could look at the usability of the iOS HomeRun app with VoiceOver? Currently there are a lot of unlabeled buttons and navigating around is very difficult.

Thanks.
Andrew.

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: iOS app: UK Audio Description and VoiceOver Access

Post by jasonl » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:20 pm

Does the AD work on its own? Would you be able to supply a sample recording of a show that uses AD for our development team to work with?

Regarding the VoiceOver labeling, can you provide a couple examples of which buttons work and which don't so we can have the team review?

adhodgson

Post by adhodgson » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:06 am

Hi,

As my recordings were on Plex I purchased the Silicondust PVR addon and have recorded some shows with audio description which does play if you choose the SAP broadcast on its own. i now have recordings I can send to you created by the PVR software - let me know what way works best to get the recordings to you as they are large files.

In terms of the VoiceOver button labels actually none of the buttons are labelled at all at this point. The only way I can use the software is because I have a small amount of useful vision myself.

Thanks.
Andrew.

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:44 pm

If you can just make a short recording at the end of the show that would work, we only need a minute or two. Best way to get us the file is to upload it to a storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud, or OneDrive and email a link to it to support (at) silicondust (dot) com.

I'll bring up VoiceOver support to the team as something to look at down the road.