Comcast in Pleasanton 1000+ Channels

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
GaryDouglas

Comcast in Pleasanton 1000+ Channels

Post by GaryDouglas » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:14 pm

Recently I’ve noticed that when I set up a program to record such as one that i know is on 709, that the program to record sometimes shows up as 1009. Since I’m only selecting by the program name, I only see the possible channels that it gives me. Why does it sometimes exclude the 700+ equivalent channels?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Re: Comcast in Pleasanton 1000+ Channels

Post by signcarver » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:07 pm

On comcast, the channels in the 1000 range is pretty much nation wide for the national channels thus most guides prefer it.

There is an issue with the episodes api that instead of giving every channel that an episode occurs on at a given time, it will only show one channel. I don't really blame the idea of changing to such as it makes the ui work a bit better as well as generally being easier for the user as data isn't duplicated. For instance in my case every local would be repeated 3 times once for ota, and twice on cable and scrolling such can take forever. However I would very much like to see episodes either make channel an array or allow a parameter to "show all" like they do elsewhere as that would allow one to more easily set (choose) channels to make channel only rules (most tools that allow such make one manually type channel number whether you have such or not, i provide a list based on episode api.

When it comes time to record, the engine gets told about all the channels it is on but will only make one recording. It will prefer a channel marked as a favorite. You can also disable the other channels so they won't be listed. But due to how data is provided, I would think the ones in the 1000s would most likely be more accurate if for some reason something went wrong (though if only those are seen you may have need to make guide issue posts to determine east/west feed).

GaryDouglas

Re: Comcast in Pleasanton 1000+ Channels

Post by GaryDouglas » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:13 pm

Interesting, the channels coming up to potentially record are either in the SD range or above 1000, yet I have no SD favorites and just a handfull in the 1000s, and of those, none like 1009. Most of my tasks that were set up sometime ago still record in the 700s and newer tasks so far are favoring the 1000s.