Continuous Problems

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Zerocool

Continuous Problems

Post by Zerocool » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:05 am

It seems that whomever is working on this app doesn't fix things but rather makes it worse with every update.

When I first got this app it worked flawlessly. Now it's a mess. Seems no one knows how to fix.

I have a firestick. Now every time when I turn my tv on and open the hdhomerun app and it loads up the station I was last watching. Okay cool.

Until I change the station and I am stuck at a black screen until I go to the home screen and manually have to force stop the app. Every single time. Annoying.

Then finally I am able to load the app and change channels and it locks up my firestick and have to either disconnect my firestick or the power to get it to reboot.

Now I don't know what in the heck you guys are doing but this app is a mess and has been for quite sometime. The black screens, lockups, app just doesn't work.

Plex has got it right, maybe learn from them? I am to the point that this app causes nothing but problems and issues that I am thinking of just deleting it and using plex as they know how to get it right.

Not saying any is better but as far as I am concerned anything's better then this app that posses nothing but problems.

You've had countless posts of issues and complaints and plenty of time to work out the kinks.

Again this app worked flawlessly when I bought the hdhomerun not long ago. But now it's problematic whenever I use it. Maybe fire the people that can't fix and put the old one back that used to work.

This is saying it nice. You wouldn't want to know what my real choice of words are.

A app is only as good as the people that design it. If you can't handle it Maybe get in another line of work. Because this isn't for you.

I should not have to continuously go through a series of 100 steps to get this app to work. You designed it, you fix it. It's your app and your duty and responsibility to fix it.

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Re: Continuous Problems

Post by nateb » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:22 am

Zerocool wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:05 am
I have a firestick. Now every time when I turn my tv on and open the hdhomerun app and it loads up the station I was last watching. Okay cool.

Until I change the station and I am stuck at a black screen until I go to the home screen and manually have to force stop the app. Every single time. Annoying.
I don't think anyone has reported this problem before, and I can't replicate it. Have you contacted support@silicondust.com? We'll want to look at the logs to see what's going on.

Zerocool

Post by Zerocool » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:36 pm

When do they plan to fix this crap? It won't even load on my phone. Sits at black screen.

All this stuff worked before. So idk why or how hard it is for them to fix it.

I've been waiting for a fix but apparently they don't care.

I'll just use Plex. It works. No problems. Kinda done with this app. It's very annoying.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:07 am

Zerocool wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:36 pm
It won't even load on my phone. Sits at black screen.
We are not tracking any issues like this. What phone do you have and what OS version?

Nick

jazzy112

Post by jazzy112 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:45 pm

Actually Microsoft made a mess with 1903. If you don't have 10, you could be experiencing a Defender issue. They released a bad update that broke some VisualBasic components all the way back to Windows 7.

I had a laptop that was totally useless until MS finally released the fix.

That Said - my recording PC, which when you have DVR everything buffers through it, is still on 1809. And I had to wait quite some time for the video to start playing.
Mine is Win 10 for Workstations and I have a lot of the extra ad supported software removed. Resources are not an issue. Mine is a Threadripper 1950x, with 32GB of RAM, and a 1080ti.

For me it's just an annoyance until 9/23, then it will be rather irritating as I use it more.

I have 2 Xbox Ones, they both have a delay before the channel plays since about the time MS sent that Defender update (Around 7/25) I believed it wasn't an SD problem, so I never reported it.

I haven't tried reinstalling the record engine yet, I imagine that will fix it as it re adds firewall rules.