Cannot rescan for channels

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
ukiltmybrutha

Cannot rescan for channels

Post by ukiltmybrutha » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:15 am

I go to:
my.hdhomerun.com

and get the below error message even though I am now suddenly getting more channels than before since the FCC did the frequency update thing.

Also wondering how I got all of these new stations without rescanning???

No HDHomeRun detected.

Please connect the HDHomeRun to your router and refresh the page.

Rebooting the router and Quatro does nothing.

Thanks

gtb
Expert

Re: Cannot rescan for channels

Post by gtb » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:32 am

ukiltmybrutha wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:15 am
Also wondering how I got all of these new stations without rescanning???
The HDHR devices do a background scan at an interval that I do not recall that attempts to identify new/changed/alternative/removed channels.

A manual rescan does the deed *now*.

For those in a good RF environment the results should be the same (over time if you wait for the background scans to pick up new channels). For those in a more challenged RF environment, things can be more complicated (I have seen a manual scan that missed a fringe station that was eventually picked up by the repeated background scans, but the fringe station was, in practice, not usable (very low signal, and very low quality), which means it needed to be disabled so it was not considered for selection).

ukiltmybrutha

Post by ukiltmybrutha » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:28 am

Awesome sauce. Thanks. I guess figuring out why I can't do a manual rescan is now secondary. Thanks.

gtb
Expert

Post by gtb » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:28 pm

ukiltmybrutha wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:28 am
I guess figuring out why I can't do a manual rescan is now secondary.
It is still likely important, as having your devices associated with your account is necessary for other things.

Are you, perhaps, running a vpn or other some other tool like that on your system?