Just got my Servio but my DVR subscription did not extend automatically

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
leenypost

Just got my Servio but my DVR subscription did not extend automatically

Post by leenypost » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:19 am

Hello,

Is there something I need to do on my end to make my subscription extend for a year after activating my servio? I already had DVR service so it would be to extend my existing DVR subscription.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Just got my Servio but my DVR subscription did not extend automatically

Post by NedS » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:49 pm

We're still getting the backend system set up, including displaying the correct status if you log into the shop.silicondust.com page. That being said, it doesn't look like your SERVIO has been linked to your existing account yet. When you open up the HDHomeRun app, the "Account Information" screen should pop up when it detects the new SERVIO, and pressing "continue" will add it to your account. Alternatively, you can also re-run your activation link from when you set up DVR service, and that will also add the SERVIO to your account. If you don't have your activation link anymore, just send us an e-mail at support@silicondust.com and we'll pull up the link for you.

leenypost

Post by leenypost » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:44 pm

Thank you for the response.

When I installed the Servio I went to my.hdhomerun.com and it told me to download the windows software to update the firmware of the Servio.

I already had the windows software installed so I just opened it and it automatically upgraded my firmware.

The Servio then had a check next to the firmware version just like my NAS drive DVR does and appears to be in good status.

Is this what you meant when you said to open the hdhomerun app? Or do you mean to actually launch the TV viewing app?

Thanks,
Lee

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Post by signcarver » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:38 pm

Either the viewing app (assuming new ui) or the link in your original email. By default, the new UI will usually open into "settings" account information (which can also be got to by clicking the gear on the top right when in the menus) and show that a device isn't registered with your account. The idea is to click continue there and what is new gets added and it shouldn't bother you again for such.

leenypost

Post by leenypost » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:43 pm

Thank you. I will try that as soon as I get home. Appreciate the response.

leenypost

Post by leenypost » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:50 pm

signcarver wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:38 pm
Either the viewing app (assuming new ui) or the link in your original email. By default, the new UI will usually open into "settings" account information (which can also be got to by clicking the gear on the top right when in the menus) and show that a device isn't registered with your account. The idea is to click continue there and what is new gets added and it shouldn't bother you again for such.
I went to account details inside the app on my shield and it shows a check mark next to my Servio... Shouldn't that mean the Servio is now attached to my account?

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:20 pm

leenypost wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:50 pm
signcarver wrote:
I went to account details inside the app on my shield and it shows a check mark next to my Servio... Shouldn't that mean the Servio is now attached to my account?
Yep, you should be all set.

leenypost

Post by leenypost » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:38 pm

NedS wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:20 pm
leenypost wrote:
signcarver wrote:
Thanks. I'll check on the store account and see if that added the time to my subscription as well. I have one more Servio to plug in tomorrow but figured I'd start with one first and see how it goes.

leenypost

Post by leenypost » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:44 pm

NedS wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:20 pm
leenypost wrote:
signcarver wrote:
I have now added 2 Servio's to my account and they show up registered to me but my DVR account has not extended at all. Should I email into support for this?

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:44 pm

The end date is not currently correct for accounts with SCRIBE/SERVIO devices active. If you have a renewal coming up soon, you may want to cancel the recurring subscription to prevent an incorrect renewal. The account will remain active even past that date as long as a SCRIBE or SERVIO remains on the account. This is all being worked on to make it seamless.