Servio Log File / Troubleshooting

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
craigwillie

Servio Log File / Troubleshooting

Post by craigwillie » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:44 am

I am a new Servio owner and new to the DVR software.

Is there a log file for the Servio that is accessible anywhere? Need to understand why some recordings are not happening.

For the past 2 weeks, the 1st run Wed 8pm episode of MasterChef has not recorded. Previous to airing it shows up in tasks as an episode that is going to record. This is a 1st run episode that has not aired before and not in the future schedule anywhere.

So far this is the only series I have had issues with.

The Prime log indicates that tuner0 streamed the correct channel at the correct time to the IP address of the Servio. But nothing shows up in the recorded tab.

How to I troubleshoot this further?

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: Servio Log File / Troubleshooting

Post by jasonl » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:21 pm

First, just reboot the SERVIO and see if the recordings show up. I have seen an instance where the shows did record but did not get picked up by the part of the DVR that tracks the current recordings on the drive, so there's a good chance you're seeing the same thing, and if so, it lets us know the original wasn't a one-off and it needs further investigation on the DVR side.

craigwillie

Post by craigwillie » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:58 pm

I rebooted the Servio and the missing recordings appeared in the Recorded tab.

So it appears I encountered the same issue , it wasn't a one-off.

I enabled 'send diagnostic information' after the reboot if that helps.

craigwillie

Post by craigwillie » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:03 am

The same issue occurred again last night.

MasterChef was recorded, but did not appear under the 'Recorded' tab until the Servio was rebooted.

tommygun

Post by tommygun » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:46 am

I wish to report the same problem as the OP. I have a number of recordings that did not show up on the "RECORDED" page although "TASKS" shows them as scheduled and set to record.

I have been trying to solve the issue for a few weeks now, and when I read the post suggesting a reboot of the SERVIO, I tried it and it immediately worked. I believe all of the "missing" recordings are now displayed and are accessible.

I just wanted to say thanks to jasonl for the suggestion and add my occurrence of the problem to the record so that the software might be revised.

Thanks,
tg

dalberts

Post by dalberts » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:09 pm

Same here, Servio with Quatro, having to reset Servio to show recorded content.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:17 pm

We will relay this to our development team and see what else we can find out. I think they might have already looked into it the other day, for the next update, but I will make sure.

dalberts

Post by dalberts » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:31 am

Thanks, let us know.

craigwillie

Post by craigwillie » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:30 pm

Dont know if this helps but...

Consistently happens every week on only 1 series (MasterChef] of many I have set to record new episodes.

All other recordings happen as requested.