Can we have old UI back - PLEASE

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
jrpatx

Can we have old UI back - PLEASE

Post by jrpatx » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:45 am

SD: Would you please consider rolling back to the old UI while you continue to debug the new one in beta phase. It's pretty clear that it was released prematurely. If that's impossible, can you publish the old UI as a separate fork on the various app stores. Call it HDHR-Classic or HDHR-Legacy or something. This is becoming very frustrating...

Puzzled

Re: Can we have old UI back - PLEASE

Post by Puzzled » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:43 am

The controls on the UI are frustrating, 9 time out of 10 I just want to change the channel but pushing ok / enter on my remote will sometimes bring up the channels list highlighted or it will bring up the navigation controls and you then have to push back to try again or move all the way across.

Another annoyance is that entering the channel number fills in the search box but pushing enter then brings up a text entry box rather than selecting the channel I've just typed in.

Couldn't up and down by default just change the channel? This is all on a Fire TV stick btw.

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Post by nateb » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:46 am

Puzzled wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:43 am
The controls on the UI are frustrating, 9 time out of 10 I just want to change the channel but pushing ok / enter on my remote will sometimes bring up the channels list highlighted or it will bring up the navigation controls and you then have to push back to try again or move all the way across.

Another annoyance is that entering the channel number fills in the search box but pushing enter then brings up a text entry box rather than selecting the channel I've just typed in.

Couldn't up and down by default just change the channel? This is all on a Fire TV stick btw.
If you are on the navigation controls, you can just press up and down and it will automatically start scrolling through the channels.

Will check out search. Typically to do a search in Fire TV you need a text entry box in the first place. Are you using a remote with a number pad?

Puzzled

Post by Puzzled » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:57 am

nateb wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:46 am
Puzzled wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:43 am

If you are on the navigation controls, you can just press up and down and it will automatically start scrolling through the channels.

Will check out search. Typically to do a search in Fire TV you need a text entry box in the first place. Are you using a remote with a number pad?
I take the up / down request back as it does do it like you say :lol: Tried it yesterday but wouldn't do it for some reason, maybe the navigation controls came up.

Yes I'm using my TV remote through HDMI CEC so I can type the channel number in using the number keys but I can't select the channel. If I press enter the search text input box comes up, so you have to move to the submit button in that box. Or you can push the down key after typing in the number and just keep moving down to highlighted channel.

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Post by nateb » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:00 am

Puzzled wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:57 am
Yes I'm using my TV remote through HDMI CEC so I can type the channel number in using the number keys but I can't select the channel. If I press enter the search text input box comes up, so you have to move to the submit button in that box. Or you can push the down key after typing in the number and just keep moving down to highlighted channel.
Yeah, that's no good. Will improve.