Can't access DVR recordings

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Post Reply
leenypost
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:14 am

Can't access DVR recordings

Post by leenypost » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:34 pm

My DVR is on WD PR4100 , trying to access any of my recorded shows on my Xbox One X or Nvidia Shield I can click on the show icon and all of them end up giving me an error and not showing the episode list.

Error is - TypeError: Cannot read property 'childNodes' of undefined

This is at the top of the screen and then in smaller letters going down the screen are a bunch of text lines all starting with "in" such as

in t
in n
in n
in t

etc...

Any advice on what to do here? All was working fine last night but tonight this is all I get on any device.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

NedS
Silicondust
Posts: 381
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Can't access DVR recordings

Post by NedS » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:50 pm

It looks like a UI bug, which means it will affect everyone using the HDHomeRun app, for all platforms. It makes accessing DVR recordings for TV shows and movies, with a single entry, impossible. Developers have been alerted.

Reactor
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:07 am

Re: Can't access DVR recordings

Post by Reactor » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:19 am

Same problem here...very annoying...makes DVR recording impossible. Recording on Nvidia Shield. Australian user here.

jrpatx
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:46 pm

Re: Can't access DVR recordings

Post by jrpatx » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:41 am

HDHR plugin for Kodi still works so you can use that in the interim while SD rolls out yet another UI fix.

SD: Would you please consider rolling back to the old UI while you continue to debug the new one in beta phase. It's pretty clear that it was released prematurely. If that's impossible, can you publish the old UI as a separate fork on the various app stores. Call it HDHR-Classic or HDHR-Legacy or something. This is becoming very frustrating...

Reactor
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:07 am

Re: Can't access DVR recordings

Post by Reactor » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:56 am

Looks like it is fixed now...

NedS
Silicondust
Posts: 381
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Can't access DVR recordings

Post by NedS » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:08 am

The fix is live, sorry for the interruption.

Max Jr
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:56 am

Re: Can't access DVR recordings

Post by Max Jr » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:46 am

I don't believe the fix is quite live yet. Still getting the error OP had posted.

jrpatx
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:46 pm

Re: Can't access DVR recordings

Post by jrpatx » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:19 am

I have gone in the opposite direction. UI now won't load at all, black screen only, no device discovery msgs. Reinstalled Android app, same result. I repeat my earlier request for the old UI with emphasis!

Update:
OK, things seem to be fixed now, but I still think SD would be wise to consider temporarily offering the old UI as a separate app until the new UI is more fully baked. If you do a pie chart of every individual who is using the HDHR app for DVR functionality, probably only 25% are "techies" who have some sympathy for the difficulties of software development and are willing to trade-off occasional UI stability issues for the overall benefits of an open-format, whole-home DVR solution. The other 75% care ONLY about stability and if it isn't there, they will compel us to bail on the HDHR solution in favor of some more expensive, less capable DVR solution from ****, Tablo, or whatever. Please help us to help you, give us a UI that will not alienate the rest of our households!

Thanks for at least reading this far!
John

Post Reply