Android TV video hitching

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
CubsWin

Android TV video hitching

Post by CubsWin » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:55 pm

I am a new HDHomeRun user and have been testing my Scribe Quatro on all my different equipment. One issue I encountered today was with the Android app on my 2018 Sony OLED. When I try watching Live TV through the HDHomeRun app, I get occasional hitches or frame skips in the video that are very noticeable. The same thing occurs when I watch HDHomeRun tuner content through the built-in Android channels app. When I watch the same channels direct through the antenna input on my TV, they display perfectly fine. The same is true when I use my Xbox One connected to the same TV - no issues. It is only the Android HDHomeRun app on the TV that has the problem. I have played with all the usual suspects of video settings and verified that everything is as expected, but the problem persists. Does anyone know what could be going on here? Are there any known issues with the Android app on TV's? Anything I can do to make it better? Thanks!

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: Android TV video hitching

Post by jasonl » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:47 pm

Do you see that on both live TV and recordings or just live TV?