Black Screen on Android TV

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
NedS
Silicondust

Re: Black Screen on Android TV

Post by NedS » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:55 pm

It looks like there are two separate problems that I'm seeing pop up today/yesterday: Android having a totally black screen, and Windows and Xbox One devices having black screens and fetch errors. The A-Team is clocking in Tomorrow, so hopefully we'll have some more information about this odd behavior soon.

idsanity

Post by idsanity » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:07 pm

signcarver wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:45 pm
I did not say to clear data... that can be disastrous to some with a shield if they use it as the DVR
I didn't say I was following your directions. I was telling everyone what I did.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Post by signcarver » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:34 pm

I just wanted to make sure others knew not to (as I knew when I posted I forgot that disclaimer and am tired of typing it).

Zerocool

Post by Zerocool » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:40 pm

I don't know what the hell these people are doing but I've spent money on this stuff and I know you'll have issues but this is ridiculous to say the least.

They've been having issues ever sense the update awhile back where as before it worked flawlessly.

I have several devices. Androids, TVs, PC, all do the same thing.

Yet I have Plex and it sees my device. So it seems its just hdhomerun app having issues. Because Plex I see all my stations and dvr recordings no issue's.

I don't get why it's taken them so long to fix these issues. I am so annoyed with Silicondust at this point as when I bought their 4 Turner box it worked now nothing but problems.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:54 pm

Zerocool wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:40 pm
I don't know what the hell these people are doing but I've spent money on this stuff and I know you'll have issues but this is ridiculous to say the least.

They've been having issues ever sense the update awhile back where as before it worked flawlessly.

I have several devices. Androids, TVs, PC, all do the same thing.

Yet I have Plex and it sees my device. So it seems its just hdhomerun app having issues. Because Plex I see all my stations and dvr recordings no issue's.

I don't get why it's taken them so long to fix these issues. I am so annoyed with Silicondust at this point as when I bought their 4 Turner box it worked now nothing but problems.
If anyone still has a black screen when starting the app on Android TV please contact support@silicondust.com

Beerman

Post by Beerman » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:17 am

I'm having this problem again and the only fix for me is to restart the Shield. It happens at least once each day. Other programs also won't work such as Plex until I restart.
When it starts, it boots to a black screen but after about 45 seconds, I'm able to back out of it to the Android Home screen. But, upon trying HDHR, it goes to black until I restart the unit.
Email sent to support as requested.

Beerman

Post by Beerman » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:19 pm

UPDATE: for me this problem only still occurs every 3 days or so then I just reboot the Shield and I'm fine a few more days. I did open a ticket but am waiting a few more days before I update it. I've gotten no updates on my ticket.

leerandall
Device ID: 131102D9, 1326E147

Post by leerandall » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:29 pm

I continue to get black screens regularly when I go to the gear icon to check the UI version, then arrow to "Live" on the top menu and try to return to live TV. Except instead of getting live TV, the screen goes black and I have to change channels to get live TV again.