No Guide Info

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
ironcore13

No Guide Info

Post by ironcore13 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:14 am

HDHomeRun Prime with Cable Card - FW updated/checked as of today
Nvidia Shield - Updated/checked as of today
Using Live Channels app on Shield

I don't watch TV, my family does. As a result they don't always tell me when there's a problem so sometimes I don't know how long the problem has been going on. I know awhile back (months ago, if not longer) my family complained there was no sound when watching live TV. Checking through the HD App, sound was there. After some troubleshooting I found out that there was a second channel source in the Live Channels App suddenly, "Network TV Tuner (BETA)". When I scan the HDHomeRun Prime Input, sound comes back and all the channels are there. However, no guide info populates....ever. If I scan the Network TV Tuner (BETA) source, the guide info populates, but I get no sound. Any advice?

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: No Guide Info

Post by jasonl » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:43 pm

Is guide data present in the HDHomeRun app?

ironcore13

Re: No Guide Info

Post by ironcore13 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:45 am

There is guide info in the HDHR View App. When I launched the HDHR View app it notified me there was an update (though the Shield never notified me or auto-updated it). It was actually a full install, and a separate app. After installing the new HDHR app, it came up as a new Source in channels and now the guide info is there with sound.

Thanks!