Duplicate Recordings in HDHomeRun Under Recorded

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
GaryDouglas

Duplicate Recordings in HDHomeRun Under Recorded

Post by GaryDouglas » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:43 pm

Installed 20190621 via windows a couple days ago. Finding some anomalous behavior but am not certain when it started.

I use a Nvidia Shield to record on the Shield with an external 4TB drive. Seperate from that, I also have a WD PR4100 NAS where I record using Plex.

When I start HDHomeRun on the Sheld, it use to say connecting to two devices. Now it says three. When I review recordings, all of them are duplicated on the screen. Not just recent recording but going back years. You can play either of them, but if you delete one of the duplicates, it also deletes the duplicate or more likely, simply removes the duplicate record from the display.

I didn't see anyone creating a similar topic.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Re: Duplicate Recordings in HDHomeRun Under Recorded

Post by signcarver » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:03 pm

Sounds like you have 2 record engines running... jf the other one doesn't show up at my.hdhomerun.com, check yor tuner logs and see where it is streaming to.

Any engine that can be seen by the client is shown... the engines themselves retrieve rules based on any tuner registered that it can see. The most recent engine can coexist with other engines and not record twice... not sure if the android (shield) engine got such update (when the beta was out it didn't yet, the release should have done so but someone reported it reported the old)

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:20 pm

I'm not seeing a second DVR running. If you run the HDHomeRun app on a different device, does it also report 3 and show duplicate recordings? Do you see 2 DVRs at the top of http://my.hdhomerun.com/ ?

GaryDouglas

Post by GaryDouglas » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:00 pm

Using my.hdhomerun.com I see that both HDHomeRun Prime and HDHomeRun RECORD are on the same version and there is only one RECORD. I don't have access to my logs right now. I can look later.

When I access HDHomeRun on my iPhone, I do not see any duplicate recordings. Devices goes by too fast to capture device count. When I connect to HDHomeRun on my WIN10 laptop, it only sees two devices and there are no duplicate recordings displayed.

I checked HDHomeRun on the Shield again and it still says it has three devices and displays duplicate programs. Under Shield\Android\data\com.silicondust.view\files\HDHomeRun, there are no duplicate files.

BTW, I had to turn off my VPN to get myhdhomerun.com to work...

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:12 am

Please open the HDHomeRun app, press play/pause 13 times to bring up the settings screen, and turn on send diagnostic information. Quit and reopen the app, then reply back with the device ID for your HDHomeRun and we'll check the logs and see if anything looks out of the ordinary.

GaryDouglas

Post by GaryDouglas » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:21 pm

Model: HDHR3-CC
Device ID: 13233E08
Firmware: 20190621

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:32 pm

OK, I see what's happening in the logs. The Shield has 2 IP addresses (one for the actual network connection, and one that is apparently used for Bluetooth), and the app is seeing the DVR on both of them and not recognizing that they're the same DVR. I've passed the information on to the development team for further review.

GaryDouglas

Post by GaryDouglas » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:54 am

In the meantime, if I want to correct the problem, I just need to turn off Bluetooth on the Shield? Not a big loss since I rarely use the remotes...
Last edited by GaryDouglas on Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GaryDouglas

Post by GaryDouglas » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:00 pm

Apparently, this capability is not available yet (rumored to)...

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:06 pm

It's probably the WiFi-direct system, used for some controllers, rather than Bluetooth. It's why the Shield will show up as an un-joinable WiFi network to phones and laptops.

GaryDouglas

Post by GaryDouglas » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:24 pm

Ok, I’m flagged for email updates on this thread or maybe it will mysteriously be fixed on a future update...

GaryDouglas

Post by GaryDouglas » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:07 pm

Sometime within the last few days, all recordings only appear once, so all better!

GaryDouglas

Post by GaryDouglas » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:55 pm

Spoke too soon. But a restart of the Shield resolved issue, until it happens again.