Will Servio play nice wrt tuner locking and MythTV?

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
yawlhoo

Will Servio play nice wrt tuner locking and MythTV?

Post by yawlhoo » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:01 am

I got an email about the rollout of the Servio device and pre-ordered one.

For many years I have been recording OTA TV from an antenna using HDHomerun tuners and MythTV running on Linux boxes. I have been very happy with this setup, the wife less so.

My idea is to run Servio recording in parallel with MythTV recording for a time. My question is whether a Servio system will play nice with MythTV in locking and un-locking my Quattro tuner. In other words, if the Servio is supposed to record channel X and MythTV channel Y at the same time, will that work?

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Will Servio play nice wrt tuner locking and MythTV?

Post by nickk » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:02 am

Hi,

I believe tuner resource lock support was added to MythTV in 0.29 - MythTV and SERVIO will coexist allocating tuners between them.

Nick

gtb
Expert

Re: Will Servio play nice wrt tuner locking and MythTV?

Post by gtb » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:25 am

nickk wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:02 am
Hi,

I believe tuner resource lock support was added to MythTV in 0.29 - MythTV and SERVIO will coexist allocating tuners between them.

Nick
Interim pooling/locking solution happened in core v30 (still uses the older API for tuner access) [I Don't think it was backported because that would be a schema change]. Full tuner sharing using the newer HTTP streaming protocol is available via a third party external recorder. Best for the OP to ask on mythtv-users email list (or their forum) for more details.