Mac client not displaying content

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
chappy

Mac client not displaying content

Post by chappy » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:14 am

I have a strange issue. I have a problem where the HDHomeRun client on my laptop will suddenly refuse to display any content. It was working fine before I moved the antenna for better reception. I can see listings of recordings, see the channel lineups - everything but the actual content. My laptop is running MacOS X Mojave 10.14.5

I have the HomeRun Extend and have verified it is functioning fine - even better now with better reception - as it is working perfectly from the InstaTV app on my AppleTV, and from the HDHomeRun Record server (mac). It appears the issue is now only on my laptop.

Procedures I have tried:
  • connected to my.hdhomerun.com, re-scanned channels
  • completely uninstalled the HDHomeRun application from my mac laptop - including all prefs files, rebooted, and re-installed. nada.
  • Connected by both wireless and ethernet connection - no diff.
  • checked for firewall issues on the laptop - none.
  • rebooted the HDHomeRun Extend, re-scanned channels
  • I've set a static DHCP address for the Extend box, thinking it could be that. nada.
Again - Other clients/devices are working fine.
I'm now at a loss for what the problem could be. Anyone have any ideas?

gtb
Expert

Re: Mac client not displaying content

Post by gtb » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:28 am

Are you using the new (beta) UI? There are some reports that some (but not all) Mac's end up on a black screen. Turn off the new UI features to see if that restores your content.

chappy

Post by chappy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:22 pm

I’ve tried it with and without beta features enabled. It made no difference.

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:08 pm

Please enable the sending of diagnostic data on the HDHomeRun, run a channel scan, and enable the sending of data in the app (see viewtopic.php?f=15&t=69066), then try to watch something. Reply back with the device ID for your HDHomeRun and we will check the logs.