[SOLVED] RECORD not visible at my.hdhomerun.com

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
youzernaym

[SOLVED] RECORD not visible at my.hdhomerun.com

Post by youzernaym » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:06 pm

I've installed the RECORD software on a Linux box. Recordings are working fine, but when I go to my.hdhomerun.com it still shows "No HDHomeRun DVR detected". My tuner is detected fine, but not the RECORD.

It should be showing up, right? How is the detection performed?

Thanks!
Last edited by youzernaym on Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Re: RECORD not visible at my.hdhomerun.com

Post by signcarver » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:36 pm

To be seen at my.hdhomerun.com, an engine must have internet access, it must have a StorageID (should create it on launch if not present) it will be in the hdhomerun.conf file (which may lack permissions for the engine to write to), the client (browser) looking for it there must connect from same public ip address (no vpn or proxy) that the engine (tuners in the case of tuners) did. You may wish to look at my.hdhomerun.com/discover to see if it is listed (this is the full list of devices/engines connecting from the same public ip as the browser... if it is there but not showing up at my.hdhomerun.com, usually the issue is the port the engine listens to (and firewall blocking either request in or response out)

Assuming it is actually working, most likely it is internet access (either disabled, vpn/proxy, etc.), firewall (both in and out), or no StorageID. Next to check is the logs for things that cause it to not be working correctly such as the engine not able to find a registered (subscribed) tuner, the engine not having a proper RecordPath (sometimes these may slip through), the engine not being started correctly (i.e. config file not specified when it is started from another directory).

youzernaym

Re: RECORD not visible at my.hdhomerun.com

Post by youzernaym » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:44 pm

The engine didn't have write access to the conf file. Once that was fixed, it was able to write the storage ID in there, and I can now see the RECORD at my.hdhomerun.com.

Thanks for the very helpful reply!