Got a strange message now HDHomeRun app will not load

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
fletchb1

Got a strange message now HDHomeRun app will not load

Post by fletchb1 » Tue May 21, 2019 4:54 pm

Went to set some recordings tonight and started getting weird sized fonts and app shutdown. When I restarted , I got this weird popup saying "welcome to HDHomeRUN xxxxx" and then it locked up and has not worked since. I had not updated it or anything yet I got this strange message. Now the app will not run at all and I just get a black screen, I tried updating but no difference.

What is going on and why did I get this strange message?

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Got a strange message now HDHomeRun app will not load

Post by nickk » Tue May 21, 2019 5:18 pm

That doesn't sound like anything the app does.

Can you please post a screenshot...

Nick

fletchb1

Post by fletchb1 » Tue May 21, 2019 5:24 pm

The screen went totally blank so no screen shot. Rebooted multiple times same issue.

I found another thread and it has something to do with "early access" causing the issue. It told how to disable this and this worked. Not sure what it was or how this got enabled but it's ok now.

Thanks.

Thunderthud
Device ID: 1322B8A6, 13257C3D, 1041CFDB, 10514020

Post by Thunderthud » Wed May 22, 2019 5:54 am

nickk wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:18 pm
That doesn't sound like anything the app does.

Can you please post a screenshot...

Nick
Nick, I reported this under the NewUI topic. New UI under android, on my MiBox and LG phone stopped coming up yesterday. Had to switch back to original UI on those devices. Would have error when trying to recognize first tuner (my first prime), then recognize my second prime, connect and extend ok, then freeze on black screen.