Fire TV "Surface" HDHomeRun Channel Content in Interface

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
ctbarker32

Fire TV "Surface" HDHomeRun Channel Content in Interface

Post by ctbarker32 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:45 am

Hi,

I have settled on Fire TV as my TV interface portal going forward. One thing that I have noticed recently is how the Fire TV can "surface" the live content from various apps so that it is very easy to browse and sample current content. You can see this very readily with the Pluto TV app which is adding content at a furious rate.

It would be very nice if the HDHomeRun app could do something similar?

Thanks.

rrussis82

Re: Fire TV "Surface" HDHomeRun Channel Content in Interface

Post by rrussis82 » Wed May 15, 2019 10:09 am

Are you talking about in the "playing now" section? I believe that also has to do with having the content available in the FireTV Guide which SD says they have enabled in the APP and waiting on Amazon to whitelist it.

I think Android TV has a similar feature but not tied to Live Channels.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk » Wed May 15, 2019 10:22 am

Confirming, we released this feature in the app a few months ago. Waiting on Amazon to whitelist it.

Nick

rrussis82

Post by rrussis82 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:12 pm

Waiting on Amazon though does not mean it will eventually happen. Amazon may choose never to allow it. SD's OTA and soon to be DVR storage modules is direct competition to Amazons OTA/DVR product. Amazon could easily make the decision to undercut it's competition even in areas they do not compete in.

gtb
Expert

Post by gtb » Wed May 15, 2019 12:37 pm

rrussis82 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 12:12 pm
Waiting on Amazon though does not mean it will eventually happen.
And neither does not mean it will not happen. However, because the decision making of companies such as Amazon and Apple is opaque, no one should purchase a solution today if they require a feature that is not being delivered today (of course, you can still get screwed later (*cough* RUI on Samsung TV's *cough*)) for that way leads to disappointment.