deleting - re-record, never record again? neither works

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
tclilly

deleting - re-record, never record again? neither works

Postby tclilly » Mon May 13, 2019 11:32 pm

Hello. I have tried using the HDHomeRun View Delete buttons on the UI. I highlight an episode and click delete. the Episode still shows in my list. I have to remote open my small recording box from my pc and go into the record folder to delete. I'd like to avoid doing that as it is many extra steps. Advice?

Also say I recorded every local news show. BUT i still want to record the local news at 6am in the future. If I hit regular delete and not re-record. will it never record the local news again? insert any show in place of my local news example. the more i think of it, it might be a bad example.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Re: deleting - re-record, never record again? neither works

Postby signcarver » Tue May 14, 2019 6:39 am

The local news is probably the best example for a test as each episode should be marked as a first airing though they are all the same episode as far as the dvr is concerned. Typically if told not to rerecord, it does not send those orders to record, however FirstAiring is supposed to always get sent as an order to record.

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: deleting - re-record, never record again? neither works

Postby jasonl » Tue May 14, 2019 3:18 pm

If you're on an Apple device and using the old UI, you have to use a keyboard because there's a bug that causes it to not register clicks/taps correctly.

Return to “HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting (Live & DVR)”