Can't play DRM channels suddenly?

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
leenypost

Can't play DRM channels suddenly?

Postby leenypost » Tue May 07, 2019 6:09 pm

I was able to play DRM channels just fine on Windows and Android but I disconnected all my equipment to move it to another room and now it will no longer play DRM after hooking everything back up.

Anything I can check on my end?

Cable cards are all reporting back fine , DVR working fine on WD PR4100...

Everything on 041719 firmware.

Thanks in advance for any help.

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Re: Can't play DRM channels suddenly?

Postby nateb » Tue May 07, 2019 6:42 pm

Probably want to send to support@silicondust.com for fastest reply. Is DRM not working on both Windows and Android?

leenypost

Postby leenypost » Tue May 07, 2019 11:31 pm

Probably want to send to support@silicondust.com for fastest reply. Is DRM not working on both Windows and Android?
It was not working on either at first but now it's just not working on Windows for some reason.

Android started working on it's own about an hour after I plugged everything back in.

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Wed May 08, 2019 3:09 pm

What error do you get?

Please go into the HDHomeRun app, move your mouse to the top-left corner, click on the hamburger stack icon that appears, and enable Send diagnostic information. Quit and reopen the app, then try to watch a DRM channel. Reply back with the device ID for your HDHomeRun and we will check the logs.

leenypost

Postby leenypost » Mon May 13, 2019 8:24 am

What error do you get?

Please go into the HDHomeRun app, move your mouse to the top-left corner, click on the hamburger stack icon that appears, and enable Send diagnostic information. Quit and reopen the app, then try to watch a DRM channel. Reply back with the device ID for your HDHomeRun and we will check the logs.
Sorry for the late reply. I have enabled to send diagnostic feedback. Everything works fine on Android now but it refuses to play DRM channels on my windows PC when it used to play them just fine. I do not get an error. It just says "Unable to play channel" on all DRM channels. Device ID's are below.

13266E15
13265B27
1326449E
1325F481

I am attempting to watch DRM right now at 11:25am EST. I will cycle through the HBO channels.

Thank you for the assistance.
Last edited by leenypost on Mon May 13, 2019 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

leenypost

Postby leenypost » Mon May 13, 2019 8:30 am

I just finished running through a bunch of DRM channels at 11:28am EST...

Anything without DRM plays fine. I even purchased the Windows DVD player as I was trying to find the codec necessary as I remember having to add one a while back to get it working but could not find it again. I saw an old post saying Windows DVD player could get it working but no dice.

I left the app running on Showtime at the end as that is not DRM and it's working fine.

Please let me know what you find. Thank you.

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Mon May 13, 2019 4:28 pm

You have a very old version of the HDHomeRun app installed and the security keys it has are expired. Please update to the latest version from the Windows Store.

leenypost

Postby leenypost » Mon May 13, 2019 6:04 pm

You have a very old version of the HDHomeRun app installed and the security keys it has are expired. Please update to the latest version from the Windows Store.
Thank you for the response.

I just updated it. It now says "Unable to play channel. HDCP required to display protected content"

Can I rectify this? It used to play fine.

leenypost

Postby leenypost » Mon May 13, 2019 6:22 pm

Thank you for the response.

I just updated it. It now says "Unable to play channel. HDCP required to display protected content"

Can I rectify this? It used to play fine.
It appears I needed to reinstall my Nvidia drivers. It is once again working. Thank you very much for the assistance.

Return to “HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting (Live & DVR)”