HDHomeRun on Mac stuck "Loading..."

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
munozj

HDHomeRun on Mac stuck "Loading..."

Post by munozj » Fri May 03, 2019 7:18 am

I've noticed that all my Mac clients on Mac OS X 10.14.4 are stuck on "loading" also it's not showing my DVR configured. PC and iOS appear to be working fine.

Tried upgrading to hdhomerun_mac_20190417 but still doing the same thing.

All my recievers and recorders are on the latest firmware.

nickk
Silicondust

Re: HDHomeRun on Mac stuck "Loading..."

Post by nickk » Fri May 03, 2019 7:23 am

Not seeing a problem like that here... can you post a screenshot?

Do you have any third party security software installed which might be blocking operation?

Nick

munozj

Post by munozj » Fri May 03, 2019 8:08 am

I tested on another Mac that I hadn't loaded the software on before and was getting a different message. it saw the channels but wouldn't play them stating a connecting error. I tested on another Mac and recorded the install and trial.

attached:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/egmqr6l3v0b3n ... g.mov?dl=0

I verified that I was able to reach both tunners.
also tried reaching channels from both tuners.

This Mac was on the wifi, I went back and tested hardwired and got the same results. both are on the same physical network without any VLANs or hardware / software firewalls on the inside network.

garethw
Silicondust

Post by garethw » Fri May 03, 2019 8:23 am

Hello.

Looking at the video you sent the app did detect three devices, a quatro, prime and your dvr, if you pause the video and scroll through the frames very carefully you can just see it display the detected list as the app starts.

If the dvr is not working for you on the mac app it suggests a network access problem to the dvr, or perhaps a firewall issue on that dvr machine.
Try turning the dvr machine off.
Then retry the app, does it work then? And play live channels?

Remember that when you have a dvr running all live channels are directed through the dvr.
So if that is a source of connectivity issue then even live channels will not play.
But when the dvr is turned off the app will access the tuners directly instead.

munozj

Post by munozj » Fri May 03, 2019 10:12 am

I unloaded the service from the Mac mini that I was using for the DVR and the app began normally.

I'll try and setup the DVR on a different machine and see if it helps.