How long does "Send Diagnostics" in Setup stay enabled?

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
thedoomster
Device ID: 131CC070

How long does "Send Diagnostics" in Setup stay enabled?

Post by thedoomster » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:03 am

I know I've seen this somewhere in the forums but unable to find. I believe it has a timer that automatically disables it after some time period.

I'm working two issues with Spectrum Support that I cannot reproduce myself - I either lose access to a subset of my subscribed channels (two different error messages), or lose access to 151 channels as those slices just disappear. This usually happens about every three days, on Mondays and Fridays, I believe it happens overnight but need more information to verify that. Bottom line is I need to discover if this a problem with Spectrum or the so-called "auto-discovery" that happens, or both. That's why I'd like SD to take a look at the log when this happens, and I'll be opening a trouble ticket. For their part, Spectrum is trying to reproduce the problem on a **** with TA.

If I enable it now will it stay enabled at least through Friday? Should I enable in both Setup and the Windows app? Do I have to reboot the Prime after I enable it?

garethw
Silicondust

Re: How long does "Send Diagnostics" in Setup stay enabled?

Post by garethw » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:09 am

10 days

thedoomster

Post by thedoomster » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:56 am

Ok thanks, I assume I DON'T have to reboot the Prime?

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:55 pm

Correct. We ask people to reboot so we can see the log data generated at startup, such as the statuses of the network and CableCARD.

thedoomster

Post by thedoomster » Tue May 28, 2019 8:44 am

thedoomster wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:03 am
I know I've seen this somewhere in the forums but unable to find. I believe it has a timer that automatically disables it after some time period.

I'm working two issues with Spectrum Support that I cannot reproduce myself - I either lose access to a subset of my subscribed channels (two different error messages), or lose access to 151 channels as those slices just disappear. This usually happens about every three days, on Mondays and Fridays, I believe it happens overnight but need more information to verify that. Bottom line is I need to discover if this a problem with Spectrum or the so-called "auto-discovery" that happens, or both. That's why I'd like SD to take a look at the log when this happens, and I'll be opening a trouble ticket. For their part, Spectrum is trying to reproduce the problem on a **** with TA.

If I enable it now will it stay enabled at least through Friday? Should I enable in both Setup and the Windows app? Do I have to reboot the Prime after I enable it?
I wanted to update this post to confirm the "disappearing channels" issue was due to a system problem at Spectrum and not auto-discovery or an out-dated Tuning Adapter. Spectrum responded to my issue (after a year and an FCC complaint) and has corrected this for me. So for the first time in well over a year I have stable cable card service and loving it. Those of you out there experiencing similar issues, there is hope!