No EPG on my network

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
EdwardPais

No EPG on my network

Post by EdwardPais » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:30 pm

Hi there my provider dosen't have EPG, can i use an external source for EPG and how to set it up?

Thank you

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Re: No EPG on my network

Post by signcarver » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:37 pm

What software? What provider? The software this section of the forum deals with only uses guide data provided by SD so the question would be why don't you get guide data (i.e. clear qam without psip data, a country not offered, etc.) as there isn't any other source of data.

If you need to provide your own source of data, you would need third party software which is another section of this forum.

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:31 pm

If you are in an area where we have guide data but it has not been mapped for your provider we can map the listings as long as the provider sends enough information to identify the channel. This would most commonly happen in Germany, the US, and Spain. If you're in a country we don't have guide listings for, you will not be able to get guide listings in the HDHomeRun app and will not be able to use the HDHomeRun DVR. If you have an outside source that provides XMLTV data, that can be used with a number of third-party apps like Plex and NextPVR, but not with the HDHomeRun app/DVR.

EdwardPais

Post by EdwardPais » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:39 pm

I'm in Portugal and my provider is Vodafone, they don't have EPG over RF, is there any guide for 3rd party apps to do this?

Thank you