I set up and activated the DVR service on one of my Windows 10 desktops I am designating as the DVR host. If I launch the HDHomeRun Windows 10 app on another device, I can see that it now has a record button, and if I press record it seems to record programs to the host.
However, I am having several issues:
1. If I cancel a recording task, it continues to record on the host, even if the task is no longer present.
2. I noticed that if I am watching live TV in the HDHR app on any device, the network activity of the DVR host is zero. Nothing in, nothing out. If I watch the same channel on another device, in the HDHomeRun Config GUI, I can see that it dedicates another tuner for the same channel. As I understood it before purchasing, one of the main features of the HDHR DVR was supposed to be that you had 3 people in your house watching the same show on the same channel, it wouldn't take up 3 tuners. Instead it should share the same tuner and live TV buffer. Am I wrong?
I don't know what is wrong with my configuration, or what I need to do to fix it. Or if none of this is actually supported as I understood.
- The tuner is an HDHomerun Prime.
- The channels are NOT DRM'd
- The tuner is running the most current firmware in my.hdhomerun.com and the HDHomeRun RECORD status is OK
- The apps being used are on Windows 10, Android, and Android TV'
- The firewall is disabled on the DVR server