HdHome Run Prime Record freezing on playback

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
neutronspin

HdHome Run Prime Record freezing on playback

Postby neutronspin » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:42 pm

Hello,

I am running my SiliconDust Prime with the record subscription. I am using NVIDIA Shield to playback and record using the HDHome Run App. The recording/playback is over my Gigabit network is to my Synology NAS. When I playback the recordings I get an occasional freeze and I have to start playback again. I have tried using external drives on my Shield both Flash and HDD but it still getting freezes. So the data storage device doesn't seem to be the problem. The only thing I haven't tried is using a different device other than the Shield. The Shield is the latest model from NVIDIA. Any help appreciated.

PghCordCutter

Re: HdHome Run Prime Record freezing on playback

Postby PghCordCutter » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:28 pm

I am having the same problem on one of my Shield devices also. Our other Shield is working fine and running the dvr recordings on other programs like plex doesn’t have the same issue.

dabeamer

Postby dabeamer » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:08 pm

Same thing just started in the last few days here as well.

I have two Primes and everything hardwired gigabit, the Record engine runs on an Ubuntu Linux box. I've never run into this (i.e. not once) before the last few days. Now it happens every time I play back a recording. I've noticed when it freezes that I can skip forward/backward or immediately back out and resume and it starts working again. If I try to wait out the freeze it backs me out and I lose my place in the recording, meaning I have to start over from the beginning.

1313689B
1313716B
Nvidia Shield clients, one on 20180803 and the others on 20190123a, issue happening on all clients.
Record engine on 20180817

PghCordCutter

Postby PghCordCutter » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:17 pm

I am also having audio sync issues. What’s going on lately?! :(

Return to “HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting (Live & DVR)”