Recording and playback DRM content

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
kbatzer

Recording and playback DRM content

Postby kbatzer » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:35 pm

Currently I am able to record DRM contend, yet I can't seem to get it to play back. My DVR is installed on a Synology DS415Play NAS. I initiated the recording from an Nvidia Shield device, with the recorded content stored on my Synology NAS. I see the recording in the HDHomerun app from the Shield, yet it will not play back. Are there restriction or rules to follow for recording and playback of DRM content. Is it documented anywhere?

Thanks in Advance

Kirk

NYPlayer
Device ID: 104112F4,104162C4,10438DAD,10438DF5,10701381,13147C7B,131A192A

Re: Recording and playback DRM content

Postby NYPlayer » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:39 pm

Currently I am able to record DRM contend, yet I can't seem to get it to play back. My DVR is installed on a Synology DS415Play NAS. I initiated the recording from an Nvidia Shield device, with the recorded content stored on my Synology NAS. I see the recording in the HDHomerun app from the Shield, yet it will not play back. Are there restriction or rules to follow for recording and playback of DRM content. Is it documented anywhere?

Thanks in Advance

Kirk
You cannot at the moment play DRM recordings although you can record them … but it is not recommended to record them as there is no guarantee they will be able to be viewed in the future.

lheminger

Re: Recording and playback DRM content

Postby lheminger » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:05 pm

I have the exact same setup. Hoping DVR support for DRM is coming this year. It's a pain in the neck not being able to DVR most channels on Spectrum. Combination of Nvida Shield + Synology NAS will be killer, once this last remaining feature is delivered.

Return to “HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting (Live & DVR)”