1.1.261 Unable to Play channel protocol error - Ghouse

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Ghouse

1.1.261 Unable to Play channel protocol error - Ghouse

Postby Ghouse » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:57 pm

I've been getting this error as well. I just setup the DVR yesterday. Fairly consistently, when I watch one of my channels on live via the HD Home Run app, after about 60 seconds, all of a sudden I get this "Unable to Play channel protocol error". I've also been getting some skipping and stuttering. It's happening on both a Fire TV, and Windows 10, so I don't know that it's limited to the platform I'm using. I've reset the NAS I use for the DVR, and the problem persists. Any ideas what I can do to diagnose? If it's some kind of 3rd party software, or firewall, how do I learn what it is and what to do?

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Re: 1.1.261 Unable to Play channel protocol error - Ghouse

Postby nateb » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:21 pm

If it is a 3rd party software, the first thing to do would be to see if you have one installed.

Probably first step is to turn on diagnostic info and message support with you device ID at support@silicondust.com.

Diagnostic info guide: viewtopic.php?t=69066

They'll be able to see what's happening in the backend and may be able to work out the issue there.

Return to “HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting (Live & DVR)”