KODI: no channel found on any device

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
mrxyz

KODI: no channel found on any device

Postby mrxyz » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:53 pm

Device: connect DUO

setup: connect antenna to the DUO. Then DUO ethernet to the computer nic (NOT ROUTER). Computer has access to the internet.

Install the hdhomerun app, run, live TV works. Able to see many channels.

Now, go to KODI. Install hdhomerun addon. Go to videos, addons, hdhomerun: "No channels found on any devices"

Go to my.hdhomerun.com: no hdhomerun tuner detected.

Thanks,
MR

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Re: KODI: no channel found on any device

Postby signcarver » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:42 pm

Which "add-on" as the unofficial one uses my.hdhomerun.com for discovery by default (though i don't recall it giving that error).

Tuner must have access to internet for most modern apps/clients to "fully" work (i.e. guide) and to show up at my.hdhomerun.com.

mrxyz

Postby mrxyz » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:25 pm

>> Which "add-on" as the unofficial one uses my.hdhomerun.com

the official add-on (hdhomerun) .

computer has access to the internet.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Postby signcarver » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:34 am

The official add-on hasn't really been updated in years (other than to fix an issue with a url that had a "subdomain" that was no longer valid) and there have been some newer versions of kodi that don't properly work with it.

What happens if the tuner is on the network that has your internet access? Have you enabled internet connection sharing? Are you relying on "apipa" for ip address or running a dhcp server (or connection sharing or other bridge) on your pc to provide an address? What happens if you use the unofficial add-on (make sure you tell it to use broadcast discovery as by default it uses my.hdhomerun.com)?

Your first post mentioned many channels and the way you described the setup sounds like the tuner does not have internet access and that was the reason my.hdhomerun.com doesn't work. If the tuner does have internet access, then it depends on what browser you use and security settings and software as to whether my.hdhomerun.com works. Also with internet access you should see about 35 demo channels (unless you subscribe to their premium tv service... the demo channels will not be listed on the official add-on, however your locals picked up by the antenna would be available (assuming you ran a channel scan).

I am also assuming you actually have a connect duo and not an old legacy dual (prior to having connect in it's name- 3rd gen or earlier) as those don't work with the kodi addon either.

mrxyz

Postby mrxyz » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:33 pm

>>The official add-on hasn't really been updated in years (other than to fix an issue with a url that had a "subdomain" that was no longer valid) and there have been some newer versions of kodi that don't properly work with it.

Thats disappointing to hear. It implies non-active work on hd.

>>What happens if the tuner is on the network that has your internet access? Have you enabled internet connection sharing? Are you relying on "apipa" for ip address or running a dhcp server (or connection sharing or other bridge) on your pc to provide an address? What happens if you use the unofficial add-on (make sure you tell it to use broadcast discovery as by default it uses my.hdhomerun.com)?

Finally got a 20ft ethernet cable to connect hdhr tuner to the router, and then hdhr video plugin in kodi, and also my.hdhomerun.com, both work properly. However, i need to plug in the hdhr tuner directly to computer, the computer has cable thru the wall to router. Also, the quality is not as good when hdhr tuner is connected to router.

Again, if I connect hdhr to the computer directly, the hdhr app on windows 10 works just fine, finding all the OTA channels. Also, the kodi hdhr pvr plugin works when hdhr tuner is plugged in to the computer directly. But, the DVR functionality is not there yet in the unofficial hdhr pvr kodi plugin, and there is no ETA.

thanks,
MR

mrxyz

Postby mrxyz » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:48 pm

Ah, just heard from support:

"When directly connecting the HDHomeRun to a computer, the recommended configuration is enabling internet connection sharing on the network interface that is connected to your router (wifi, etc.), sharing to the one the HDHomeRun is connected to. This will allow the HDHomeRun to connect out, which is needed to get guide data, and should allow Kodi to locate it."

I wish this was put in the setup instructions. Anyways, all set now. Thanks. please close this thread.

Return to “HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting (Live & DVR)”