No DVR Configured.. What is the proper Fix?

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
HDHRBevo

No DVR Configured.. What is the proper Fix?

Postby HDHRBevo » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:29 pm

Yesterday, I upgraded my tuners firmware, after which, issues started popping up. First, when I went into the HDHR UI I was greeted with a black screen that stated something to the effect "Channel Not Found". After reading the message board, I updated my selected channels and cycled the HDHomeRun Record service and all was good. I had already scheduled the Football game to record so I went about things thinking all was well. About an hour & half into the game I went into my recordings and another black screen saying "No DVR Configured". I checked my config setting and the box was checked and the path was still as I had originally set it. Eventually, I rebooted my DVR PC and when it came up all was good, except of course the game didn't record (except for the last 9 minutes).

I know others have seen the No DVR Configured message, so is there a short-cut to recognizing this issue and getting it sorted out, other than the one I finally worked my way through? Anyone know what causes this to happen?

Thanks
Gary

IMAGE BELOW:

GGRussell
Device ID: 131F5AA2 ; 1325E5E9

Re: No DVR Configured.. What is the proper Fix?

Postby GGRussell » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:59 pm

Did the PC go to sleep or hibernate? PC with the DVR engine needs to be on 24/7. No sleep or hibernate

HDHRBevo

Postby HDHRBevo » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:55 pm

Did the PC go to sleep or hibernate?
No.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Postby signcarver » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:55 pm

What is drive T as it should not be a mapped drive and i strongly suggest it not be external (too many issues of such drives disconnecting or not coming up on time after reboot that take forever to track down, though most can eventually be made to work)

HDHRBevo

Postby HDHRBevo » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:11 pm

What is drive T as it should not be a mapped drive and i strongly suggest it not be external (too many issues of such drives disconnecting or not coming up on time after reboot that take forever to track down, though most can eventually be made to work)
Internal Toshiba, 2TB fixed disk dedicated to HDHomerun (not mapped, not boot). First time I have ever had these issues period, certainly not after updating the firmware. Beginning to look like nobody has seen this?

Thanks
Gary

DamnDavid

Postby DamnDavid » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:17 pm

I've just started having a very similar problem. There is a weird twist though. The app on the Windows PC running the DVR gives that error, as does the Fire TV upstairs. The Fire TV downstairs still sees the DVR just fine. I can still browse recordings, look at the task list. It all looks totally normal. The "HDHomeRun RECORD" service it running. I've done force stops and cleared the data and cache on both fire TVs, restarted the PC, restarted the Fire TVs, all with no change. I'm stumped :?

daurora
Device ID: EXTEND 10504C45, CONNECT 1040082F & CONNECT Quatro 10712728

Postby daurora » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:47 am

I had the same problem a while back, it was due to a network issue whereby I had just set up a new Mesh Wifi system in my house and that takes time (about a day) to auto configure. However, after that process I have never seen that same error again.

daurora

sspell

Postby sspell » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:36 am

I'm thinking network may be issue here. Check your firewall antivirus etc. maybe the new firmware caused the antivirus blocking discovery. Also reboot everything sometimes that helps. All fails report your device id here and turn on diagnostics hopefully someone with SD will help you with the logs and errors.

DamnDavid

Postby DamnDavid » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:57 pm

I've have been having issues with my mesh network recently. That's probably what's causing the problem on the Fire TV.

The PC's problem was just windows not letting appstore apps talk to non appstore apps. I forgot about that. Fix for that was here: viewtopic.php?t=29732.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Return to “HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting (Live & DVR)”