some live channels showing unavailable and removing DUO

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
KNKLHEAD

some live channels showing unavailable and removing DUO

Postby KNKLHEAD » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:31 pm

Hi.

Some of the live stations not showing, unable to play, timeout. By way of troubleshooting,I have two primes, and tried to also hook up DUO a few weeks ago. I have since unplugged the duo, is there a conflict of some sort? Thank you for checking.

Primes:

and a duo that I have since unplugged, would like to delete if I can. It seems the channels are still showing up on my guide. (like localchannel 2, for example.)

;;

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: some live channels showing unavailable and removing DUO

Postby jasonl » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:09 pm

Please enable the sending of diagnostic data (see viewtopic.php?f=15&t=69066), run channel scans on both devices, and reproduce the issue, then reply back. To remove a nonpresent device from HDHomeRun Setup, set it to Disabled and click Apply.

KNKLHEAD

Postby KNKLHEAD » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:03 pm

Hi, Jason. Thank you for your help. I have two primes, same network and hub. All worked well until I tried adding Duo, if relevant? Not sure.

13185646 - this unit works fine, all Verizon Fios channels
13101094 - this unit has very limited channels

(and yes, we have to be watching hockey, basketball, football AND allow my wife to watch cooking shows all at the same time! ha, ha.)

I have turned on sent diagnostics and hope you can help. Appreciated.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Postby signcarver » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:45 pm

Do you have the DVR Service... It can take up to 2 hours for the DVR to synch up again with the tuners so whenever you add or remove a tuner, or do a channel scan make sure to restart the DVR (background scans can also change the lineup). The apps generally get their channel lists from the tuners themselves (usually each time it is started but in some cases may cache some results) while the DVR is only aware of the channels it finds every hour or so when it detects the tuners so if a tuner lists a channel it shows up but unless DRM uses the DVR to access it which may not have knowledge of the tuner being added or deleted yet.

By limited service do you mean one is being used as a clear qam tuner (also was the duo working as clear qam or OTA) or that the other prime isn't properly provisioned to get DRM channels or your full package but does use a cablecard.

Another common issue is the DVR filling up and no room to buffer live tv (then only DRM channels will work as the client goes directly to the tuner)

KNKLHEAD

Postby KNKLHEAD » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:18 pm

Thanks.

I am not sure I am explaining. I have DVR service, able to tape "all" channels and see all channels from one of my primes. I can reset the DVR (Windows).

Limited service on one of the primes, meaning I am getting 100s of stations on the the good tuner and only lower channels, like 40 or something, on the other tuner.

"By limited service do you mean one is being used as a clear qam tuner (also was the duo working as clear qam or OTA) or that the other prime isn't properly provisioned to get DRM channels or your full package but does use a cablecard. "

It seems to me that the duo messed up things?

I am also, familiar with DVR and storage, and we are good on space.

appreciate the help.

KNKLHEAD

Postby KNKLHEAD » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:45 am

Hi, any update or help on this one? I hope I am being clear. It is as if one of my primes with cable cards is working fine, but the other is not.

KNKLHEAD

Postby KNKLHEAD » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:15 pm

Hi, figured it out. I contacted Verizon and they simply needed to reset my subscription level. It was set at very low on the one tuner, but okay on the other. That worked and I have both cablecards showing all channels, good deal. As an additional word, if a cable provider needs cablecard info and all that, it is found at myhdhomerun.com as a listing under the cable card stuff.

I hope it helps someone else.

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Postby nateb » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:04 pm

Hi, figured it out. I contacted Verizon and they simply needed to reset my subscription level. It was set at very low on the one tuner, but okay on the other. That worked and I have both cablecards showing all channels, good deal. As an additional word, if a cable provider needs cablecard info and all that, it is found at myhdhomerun.com as a listing under the cable card stuff.

I hope it helps someone else.
Great to hear it worked out!

Return to “HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting (Live & DVR)”