HDHRBevo support issue

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Re: HDHRBevo support issue

Postby nateb » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:36 pm

Did we never ask you about bitdefender or other 3rd party virus scanners? If not, that's entirely my bad. When network related issues pop up, bitdefender is the culprit a HUGE percentage of the time.

epee4fun

Postby epee4fun » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:56 pm

Did we never ask you about bitdefender or other 3rd party virus scanners? If not, that's entirely my bad. When network related issues pop up, bitdefender is the culprit a HUGE percentage of the time.
Agree, Bitdefender is very aggressive. I had to switch to Avast because I couldn't make HDHR DVR work with Bitdefender in its latest rendition.

HDHRBevo

Postby HDHRBevo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:55 am

Did we never ask you about bitdefender or other 3rd party virus scanners? If not, that's entirely my bad.
Possibly, I dont recall.
When network related issues pop up, bitdefender is the culprit a HUGE percentage of the time.
First, If SD has a problem with "bitdefender or other 3rd party virus scanners" they should at the least put that fact and/or troubleshooting tips in your "Network packet loss" bulletin (viewtopic.php?t=5877); or perhaps a more sincere approach would be for your marketing folks to put a "bitdefender or other 3rd party virus scanners" disclaimer on your products website and promotional material (like thats going to happen :roll: ).

Second, to my knowledge there is one alleged analysis by JasonL that declared my problem to be a "network related issue". That conclusion resulted in SD divorcing itself from any further consideration of this issue, despite the numerous tests that shed considerable doubt that my skip freezes are caused by a network "lost packet" as you believe. My skip freeze issues continue (albeit at lesser frequency) even though:
  • I have changed switches
  • replaced network cables
  • replaced the NIC
  • incorporated the NIC settings recommended in YOUR "Network packet loss" bulletin
  • ran YOUR network diagnostics for over 8 hours, showing NO "lost packets"
All detailed in previous posts, along with many other changes, that provided YOUR debug detail for both the HDHR and the App.

I have not come to a firm conclusion as to what is causing this issue, even though SD seems to have, and therefore I will continue my testing. But whatever the cause, I still, and have always maintained that SD developer(s) should teach their brain dead software how to recover from whatever is causing a freeze on a skip.

Gary

HDHRBevo

Postby HDHRBevo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:06 am

Agree, Bitdefender is very aggressive. I had to switch to Avast because I couldn't make HDHR DVR work with Bitdefender in its latest rendition.
I agree also. If nothing else, it shows there is indeed a difference in "security software". In fact Bitdefender is so aggressive that it even causes skip freezes on my Fire TV (HDHR interface) where it is not even installed. :roll: At the end-of-the day I too may decide to switch. Not from Bitdefender, that's a non starter, but from SD to my Amz alternative that has none of these issues.

Gary

Return to “HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting (Live & DVR)”