Timeout error - Challey57

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Challey57

Timeout error - Challey57

Postby Challey57 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:01 am

I'm having the same issue, the show might play 20 minutes then stops, and has timeout error. I have to exit HdHomerun to anything else, the when I come back it is back on. Might play again for 20 to ? Long with no errors.

Yes I have the DVR and it stores on my wIndows Laptop running Windows 10 with Norton antivirus.

My Device ID is 10705E3A, firmware is up to date.
I have the DVR service and the premium channels.
I have only had the HdHomerun system for 2 weeks, it was great the first week, now I am. Starting to have issues;

1. I get kicked out of recordings after minutes to 20 minutes I have to start over and fast forward back where I was at. It might play the rest of the show, or it might kick me out several more times. I have turned on the data recording and have sent to several people, Nickk was the last and he had me send the entire show for him to watch and see if he can find the issue but I have not heard back.

2. The shows freeze (not in recordings) and have to exit HdHomerun to get back on the show..

3. If I try to watch a show while it records the quality I see is very pixelated, but the recording will be fine quality.

4. If I stop watching a show on recording in one room and go to another tv or device I have to start over or fast forward. I thought it said you could stop in one device and go to another and pick up at same spot.

I am not happy with the results I am seeing. I will post the next time it freezes, should be in about 20 minutes.

elabra

Re: Timeout error - Challey57

Postby elabra » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:11 pm

I'm having the same issue, the show might play 20 minutes then stops, and has timeout error. I have to exit HdHomerun to anything else, the when I come back it is back on. Might play again for 20 to ? Long with no errors.

Yes I have the DVR and it stores on my wIndows Laptop running Windows 10 with Norton antivirus.

My Device ID is 10705E3A, firmware is up to date.
I have the DVR service and the premium channels.
I have only had the HdHomerun system for 2 weeks, it was great the first week, now I am. Starting to have issues;

1. I get kicked out of recordings after minutes to 20 minutes I have to start over and fast forward back where I was at. It might play the rest of the show, or it might kick me out several more times. I have turned on the data recording and have sent to several people, Nickk was the last and he had me send the entire show for him to watch and see if he can find the issue but I have not heard back.

2. The shows freeze (not in recordings) and have to exit HdHomerun to get back on the show..

3. If I try to watch a show while it records the quality I see is very pixelated, but the recording will be fine quality.

4. If I stop watching a show on recording in one room and go to another tv or device I have to start over or fast forward. I thought it said you could stop in one device and go to another and pick up at same spot.

I am not happy with the results I am seeing. I will post the next time it freezes, should be in about 20 minutes.
It might help if you also post your viewing device - i.e. Mi Box, Shield, Xbox One and also how the viewing device is connected - WIFI 2.4, 5.0 or hardwired ethernet.

Also do you have more than one view device? If no, do you get the same symptoms on multiple devices?

Thanks

Challey57

Postby Challey57 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:53 pm

The viewing device is an RCA TV, not smart tv, using the Fire Stick as WiFi connection.

Challey57

Postby Challey57 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:54 pm

WiFi is 5G wireless connection to my centurylink modem/router C3000z.

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:22 pm

Are you seeing issues on OTA channels or just Premium TV?

What speed is your internet connection rated as?

Challey57

Postby Challey57 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:46 pm

When playing recorded, OTA or streaming.

Challey57

Postby Challey57 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:48 pm

Our internet speed is 10msp mps what ever the letters, it is 10, I have run speed tests and while the tv is on and playing, I get speeds of 7.5

asauers

Postby asauers » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:03 pm

getting this error too.

Nvidia shield. hardwired. 150 mb/s connection. Using live channels, picture stutters, pixelates, eventually freezes and "timeout error" is displayed.

nickk
Silicondust

Postby nickk » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:23 pm

getting this error too.

Nvidia shield. hardwired. 150 mb/s connection. Using live channels, picture stutters, pixelates, eventually freezes and "timeout error" is displayed.
Different hardware, unlikely to be related. We will help in the thread you created.

Nick

nickk
Silicondust

Postby nickk » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:25 pm

Challey57 - I will test the recording you sent in the morning.

An interesting test would be to try a Windows 10 PC or a Mac - see if you experience the same issue or if it is specific to the FireTV.

Nick

Challey57

Postby Challey57 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:29 pm

You mean try watching on it? I will try watching on the pc in the morning too.

Challey57

Postby Challey57 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:43 am

I just watched the current WKRP that was recorded last night. I first watched it on my IPad, it played with no problems, I fast forward through some commercials and let others play. Then I tried to watch it again on the TV using the
Fire Stick connection, and it stopped in the first five minutes, when it stopped I did not try to restart, but I did try going to live premium tv and it said there was no connection, or something like that, I had to go back out to the Fire Stick desk top and go back in.

Device 10705E3A

Challey57

Challey57

Re: Fire TV Cube HD Homerun app works for a period of time then stutters and lags

Postby Challey57 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:47 am

Well I changed from the Fire Stick that was kicking me out of recordings, I went to the Fire Tv Cube 4K, thought it might respond play better, last night the playback never kicked me out, but the stuttering and sound lag from the picture is worse than getting kicked out. The stuttering happens mostly when watching OTA tv but also on premium channels.

Why are these things worse in the evening than in the morning?

I have the data collecting turned on for review,
device number 10705E3A
Firmware 20180817

Challey57

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:17 pm

Post moved.

Based on the log data, you're encountering poor reception on your OTA channels. What kind of antenna are you using, what is the cable/amplifier/splitter layout, and what zip code are you in?

Challey57

Postby Challey57 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:13 pm

I am using an indoor antenna, Trek Ultrathin amplified HDTV antenna, it says on the box 75 mile range. Normally it is very good connection, little pixels.

I do not have any type of splitters, or external amplifier, I connect right to the HdHomerun box and the antenna is in our southern window with no obstructions.

My zip code is 57078 Yankton South Dakota
The local channels are 51054 out of Sioux City Iowa.

Tonight it seams better, this morning I restarted the Fire Tv Cube, and the HdHomerun, so far today we have had much better results.

I just setup the Fire Tv Cube last night about 8 pm Central time, and watched tv for a few hours, so maybe it was just getting everything going, plus it was raining and overcast.

You mentioned an amplifier, can you recommend one for indoor antenna use? Our location is about 65 miles from Sioux City Iowa by road, probably 50 - 60 line of sight.

Thank you for all the help so far.

Return to “HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting (Live & DVR)”