HDHR Android app - live TV A/V sync issues

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Ryank21

Re: HDHR Android app - live TV A/V sync issues

Postby Ryank21 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:06 am

I'm having A/V issues with my Extend also. It works great for about 10 minutes then I have to restart the app and that's on every platform I use the HomeRun on. (Fire TV, Samsung TVs, Nvidia Shield, PC) I have Basic basic cable (local channels only) so no cable box is required. It's worked great for the past year and a half up until a couple months ago when I started getting the A/V sync issues.
We are looking at it. This may seem like a kinda crazy question, but is there any chance everyone reporting sync issues is using an Extend? And the issues are specifically cropping up when playing h264 video, rather than mpeg2? I was able to replicate on a Fire TV, but only using h264 video.

timothyh

Postby timothyh » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:39 am

I'm using two connects and a shield tv. Using HD dvr. Live and recorded same lip sync issue. WAS very happy with all facets of your service except for about the last 6 months. Not getting lip sync error using plex. Considered your premium service, but with this problem unresolved forget it. Tech service suggested that it could be local tv stations (happens on all), or the app (yours). I don't think they have a clue. Anyone interested in two used connects?

antigravity

Postby antigravity » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:13 am

Any updates here? Getting terrible lag using a HDHomeRun Connect and MPEG2 streams here in Australia.

Using Nvidia Shield, Nvidia Experience 7.2.

hrbeavers

Postby hrbeavers » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:00 pm

Also experiencing same issue with Nvidia Shield Android 7.2.2. Seems to be more of an issue on so called 'sub channels' of OTA stations; e.g. 27.2, etc. Main channel (27.1 for example) that run higher data rate doesn't seem to exhibit error (or at least it isn't as egregious).

Return to “HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting (Live & DVR)”