Quick question, can I use my Prime with the new DVR Service on DRM'ed channels?

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
undecided

Quick question, can I use my Prime with the new DVR Service on DRM'ed channels?

Postby undecided » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:51 am

Kind of unclear whether that works the same way WMC used to work

Thx

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Quick question, can I use my Prime with the new DVR Service on DRM'ed channels?

Postby nickk » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:20 am

Record of DRM channels - not yet.

You can view DRM channels including pause/FF/RW on Windows, XBox, iPhone, and iPad.

Nick

undecided

Re: Quick question, can I use my Prime with the new DVR Service on DRM'ed channels?

Postby undecided » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:30 am

Thanks Nick, how far away are you from having that feature? I am trying to decide on whether to build another WMC htpc or wait to use your DVR service.

Thx

GetMatt

Postby GetMatt » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:59 am

They are working on it though so hopefully soon. My WMC is crapping out on me with a bunch of corrupt recordings so I’m hoping it’s just around the corner.

undecided

Postby undecided » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:38 am

I would be an immediate buyer if they get this out the door. WMC was awesome but I can't get it to work on my newer Kaby Lake HTPC which I am using for 4K playback as it is running windows 10. So, right now I have to run 2 HTPCs. I am definitely looking to consolidate.

suttonb1

Postby suttonb1 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:59 am

I'll be running my Skylake NUC with Win7 Ultimate WMC until SD (hopefully some day) releases a finished product.

wilme2

Postby wilme2 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:55 am

They are working on it though so hopefully soon. My WMC is crapping out on me with a bunch of corrupt recordings so I’m hoping it’s just around the corner.
Off topic, but I had that problem until I moved my Prime off a 1 Gbps switch to a 100 Mbps switch. This was to get around the "Prime drops off network" bug in the Ethernet physical layer that is now supposedly resolved with a firmware release. But I left the Prime on the 100 Mbps switch and just realized I haven't had a corrupt recording since...

GetMatt

Postby GetMatt » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:12 am

Off topic, but I had that problem until I moved my Prime off a 1 Gbps switch to a 100 Mbps switch. This was to get around the "Prime drops off network" bug in the Ethernet physical layer that is now supposedly resolved with a firmware release. But I left the Prime on the 100 Mbps switch and just realized I haven't had a corrupt recording since...
Unfortunately it's not possible with my setup. My router is on the main floor on a plant shelf. I have two CAT6 cables going to the basement where I have a patch panel and a switch. All of my wired connections in the house go to the patch panel and then the 1Gbps switch. All my tuners, NAS, smart hub etc connect through that switch. My cable and antenna connections are also in that room.

Though I suppose I could temporarily move my router to that room and connect the primes directly to check it out.

jseymour

Postby jseymour » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:49 am

Unfortunately it's not possible with my setup. My router is on the main floor on a plant shelf. I have two CAT6 cables going to the basement where I have a patch panel and a switch. All of my wired connections in the house go to the patch panel and then the 1Gbps switch. All my tuners, NAS, smart hub etc connect through that switch.
Get something like this NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Smart Managed Plus Switch, ProSAFE Lifetime Protection (GS105Ev2) or, if you need more ports, this NETGEAR 8-Port Gigabit Smart Managed Plus Switch, ProSAFE Lifetime Protection (GS108Ev3). There are 16- and 24-port versions, as well.

Then you can lock individual ports to the speeds you want.

FWIW: My switch indicates our HDHR CQ negotiated 100mb/s.

GetMatt

Postby GetMatt » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:37 am

Unfortunately it's not possible with my setup. My router is on the main floor on a plant shelf. I have two CAT6 cables going to the basement where I have a patch panel and a switch. All of my wired connections in the house go to the patch panel and then the 1Gbps switch. All my tuners, NAS, smart hub etc connect through that switch.
Get something like this NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Smart Managed Plus Switch, ProSAFE Lifetime Protection (GS105Ev2) or, if you need more ports, this NETGEAR 8-Port Gigabit Smart Managed Plus Switch, ProSAFE Lifetime Protection (GS108Ev3). There are 16- and 24-port versions, as well.

Then you can lock individual ports to the speeds you want.

FWIW: My switch indicates our HDHR CQ negotiated 100mb/s.
I already have a nice (unmanaged) 24port gig switch that I just bought. I don’t plan on buying a new one when what I have works great. My only problem is WMC which is the ancient dinosaur I’m trying to get rid of. I don’t plan on spending money try to keep it alive.

Return to “HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting (Live & DVR)”