DVR Not Configured - tclilly

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
tclilly

DVR Not Configured - tclilly

Postby tclilly » Thu May 10, 2018 6:22 am

I am also having this problem Every day. I have to go and restart my pc where the dvr is housed. what could be causing this?

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: DVR Not Configured - tclilly

Postby jasonl » Thu May 10, 2018 1:11 pm

Are you having problems accessing the DVR from all devices, or just from the one where the DVR is running?

tclilly

Postby tclilly » Thu May 10, 2018 3:13 pm

I have a problem on all devices. I have two Apple iMACs, a Win10 PC and A iPad all running the HD HomeRun view. It seems to happen after hours or non use... say in the morning when i wake up or late at night if I am sleeping and wake up.. the dvr will say not found. I have to go to the DVR PC turn it on and off and the DVR red record button and button for recordings will then show up.

Arative

Postby Arative » Thu May 10, 2018 5:27 pm

I have a problem on all devices. I have two Apple iMACs, a Win10 PC and A iPad all running the HD HomeRun view. It seems to happen after hours or non use... say in the morning when i wake up or late at night if I am sleeping and wake up.. the dvr will say not found. I have to go to the DVR PC turn it on and off and the DVR red record button and button for recordings will then show up.
Is the recording PC going to sleep?

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Thu May 10, 2018 6:04 pm

What's the device ID for your HDHomeRun?

tclilly

Postby tclilly » Sat May 19, 2018 11:53 pm

What's the device ID for your HDHomeRun?
Hi thanks device Id 131cd896

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Mon May 21, 2018 2:08 pm

I'm not seeing any apparent issues in the last couple days. The DVR has been running normally. I see a couple points where it was restarted, but it had been running immediately prior to the restart. Is there a specific date/time when it was unavailable?

tclilly

Postby tclilly » Wed May 30, 2018 3:33 am

just tried to view DVR recordings 531 am may 30. dvr not configured. i am just not getting why i have continuously reset my dvr pc every time i want to utilize this device. i should be able to not use the dvr over a period of time and then come to find it not working when i want to use it

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Wed May 30, 2018 2:02 pm

The logs show the DVR was up and running normally until yesterday around 6am CDT when it just stopped logging. Was anything happening on the PC at that time?

ply17410

Postby ply17410 » Thu May 31, 2018 11:09 am

tclillly,

Having same problem except DVR host is an nVidia Shield. I don't have to reboot it, but iPad and Mac apps can't see DVR content unless the Shield is on. Should not be like that.

Bob H

tclilly

getting tired - still -- and again -- No DVR Configured

Postby tclilly » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:18 am

The software is performing but the DVR is very inconsistent. My DVR PC is set to never sleep. I am still coming to my other devices .. loading HDHomeRun View and record button is not there and get no DVR configured.

This is becoming very aggravating and very tiring. Not sure I am willing to continue on with this. Please advise any fixes to this No DVR configured.
device Id 131cd896

cqaigy

Re: getting tired - still -- and again -- No DVR Configured

Postby cqaigy » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:51 am

What are you using for "My DVR PC"?

I was using FreeNAS for a bit and now am using a headless Ubuntu server. I found one time, that my Ubuntu server was not resolving the site used for the DVR/recording software. I looked at the log file and saw it wasn't connecting when starting the recording software. My problem was installing Pi-hole on the server.

elabra

Postby elabra » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:04 pm

The software is performing but the DVR is very inconsistent. My DVR PC is set to never sleep. I am still coming to my other devices .. loading HDHomeRun View and record button is not there and get no DVR configured.

This is becoming very aggravating and very tiring. Not sure I am willing to continue on with this. Please advise any fixes to this No DVR configured.
device Id 131cd896

Basic stuff first....

Can your PC see the HDHR Tuner(s)? When you go to myhdhomerun.com from your DVR PC browser do you see the tuner(s) and also the Record engine?

Both the DVR PC and the tuner(s) have to be on the same subnet so it cannot be on the other side of a router.

If your View devices can see the tuner(s) but cannot see the DVR PC that the record engine runs on it will not work.

Assuming that you have the Record engine running on a Win 10 PC and have loaded the HDHOMERUN Setup program, make you you have the DVR tab configured correctly with the setting to run the DVR on that PC vs. on a NAS box or something else.

jseymour

Postby jseymour » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:24 pm

I'm wondering why you chose to start a new thread on the exact same topic, rather than follow-up on the thread you already started, answering jasonl's last question for you: Re: DVR Not Configured - tclilly?

What you're doing is akin to insisting an auto mechanic tell you why your car won't run, over the phone, with no information at all.

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:42 pm

Merged with existing topic.

The log data shows the DVR was running on Saturday until just before 8pm CDT, at which point it just stopped logging. it resumed logging at 5:45am with logs dating back a ways indicating that it had not been able to find the HDHomeRun in between those times, but it did start finding the HDHomeRun at 5:45. It then stopped logging again at about 6:00. Did something happen with the network during those time periods? Turning off your router or something?

Return to “HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting (Live & DVR)”