Grid Guide

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
spencer777

Re: Grid Guide

Postby spencer777 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:06 pm

It is required to access the DVR and remote access to the DVR.
Right... my bad.

At my house MCEBuddy has already been doing (most of) what Plex wishes it could do - for about 15 years now.

I haven't really found the need to change what's been working so well for so long. A quick trip down the forum threads about Plex-DVR make it pretty clear I've made the right choice.

;)
Yeah Plex DVR is quite bad. Emby is more polished and more reliable as far as DVR but a little weak on LiveTV tuning. Channels DVR is the best as far as scheduling more flexible of the paid options also has remote access .... but not even close to SageTV (open source) now that they have gone to 64 bit.

HDHomeRun DVR is the most reliable and fastest (tuning) but it has the weakest way to schedule recordings.... way too limited... plus it is the only one without a grid guide.
I think Hdhr is the best way to schedule recordings. You can pull up all shows Netflix style. I liked Emby, but it can't do that. Channels can kind of do that.

NYPlayer
Device ID: 104112F4,104162C4,10438DAD,10438DF5,10701381,13147C7B,131A192A

Re: Grid Guide

Postby NYPlayer » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:27 pm

Right... my bad.

At my house MCEBuddy has already been doing (most of) what Plex wishes it could do - for about 15 years now.

I haven't really found the need to change what's been working so well for so long. A quick trip down the forum threads about Plex-DVR make it pretty clear I've made the right choice.

;)
Yeah Plex DVR is quite bad. Emby is more polished and more reliable as far as DVR but a little weak on LiveTV tuning. Channels DVR is the best as far as scheduling more flexible of the paid options also has remote access .... but not even close to SageTV (open source) now that they have gone to 64 bit.

HDHomeRun DVR is the most reliable and fastest (tuning) but it has the weakest way to schedule recordings.... way too limited... plus it is the only one without a grid guide.
I think Hdhr is the best way to schedule recordings. You can pull up all shows Netflix style. I liked Emby, but it can't do that. Channels can kind of do that.
It is good for certain things … I like retro horror movies but there is no way that I can tell the HDHRDVR to record all horror movies on my Retro channel … I use Sagetv for this … as I can schedule by Genre type and channels also by actors and lots more. I use HDHR for series not movies.

BTW I am just discussing all this because there is not much for us Prime users to talk about so I appreciate the conversation … :D :D :D :D

Return to “HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting (Live & DVR)”