HD signal corruption - rosario04

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
rosario04

HD signal corruption - rosario04

Postby rosario04 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:32 am

Im in the u.S. and am having a similar problem in which my HD channels look worse thank the SD ones. Thats all the HD channels! I have an outdoor antenna with approximately 20' of cable to a coxial coupler and straight to the homerun. Have the ethernet cable running directly to the router. Trouble shooting the antenna I removed the coaxial cable from the HDHomeRun Box and connected it to the tv directly and the pictur on the the tv was perfect....so its not the antenna. So, I dont think its interference from 4g. Could it be the box?? Thank you.

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: HD signal corruption - rosario04

Postby jasonl » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:06 pm

We would like to get some diagnostic data.

If you are using a Windows PC:
  1. If you have not already done so, please install the latest beta HDHomeRun Software for Windows from viewtopic.php?f=119&t=20613
  2. Run HDHomeRun Setup, enable “Send diagnostic information...” on the Advanced tab and click Apply. If you do not have an Advanced tab, close HDHomeRun Setup and reopen it.
  3. Unplug the power from the HDHomeRun and plug it back in
  4. After the powerup sequence finishes, click “Scan” on the Digital Antenna tab
  5. Click OK
  6. Open the HDHomeRun app and reproduce the issue
If you are using a Mac:
  1. If you have not already done so, please install the latest beta HDHomeRun Mac software from viewtopic.php?f=119&t=20613
  2. Open Terminal and run:

Code: Select all

hdhomerun_config ffffffff set /sys/debug debug_enabled=10
  3. Unplug the power from the HDHomeRun and plug it back in
  4. After the powerup sequence finishes, run a channel scan on the HDHomeRun's web page
  5. Open the HDHomeRun app and reproduce the issue
Reply back with the device ID for your HDHomeRun and we will check the logs.

rosario04

Postby rosario04 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:54 pm

Jasoni

I did what you said and you have the dianostics. I am still getting horrible quality picture. Need to know if thats the best quality. I have a direct connection to router less than 5ft away and have an excellent internet package, any help would be appreciated. Thank yoy.

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:19 pm

What's the device ID for your HDHomeRun?

Return to “HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting (Live & DVR)”