So sick and tired of seeing "The Microsoft MPEG2 Video Extension is required to play protected content"

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
mva5580

So sick and tired of seeing "The Microsoft MPEG2 Video Extension is required to play protected content"

Postby mva5580 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:55 pm

It IS installed. I've deleted and reinstalled. I wiped Windows this weekend and reinstalled. Nothing works. I'm getting pretty fed up with being told that it's required and that it "improves playback" when the damn thing has been installed from Day 1.

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: So sick and tired of seeing "The Microsoft MPEG2 Video Extension is required to play protected content"

Postby jasonl » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:41 pm

Please right click on your Start menu icon and select Windows PowerShell (Admin). Run:

Code: Select all

cd \ Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers > packages.txt
This will create a packages.txt file in the root of your C drive. Please email that to support@silicondust.com.

mva5580

Re: So sick and tired of seeing "The Microsoft MPEG2 Video Extension is required to play protected content"

Postby mva5580 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:25 pm

Thank you, just sent it.

Return to “HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting (Live & DVR)”