Scheduling new Shows how ....

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
NYPlayer

Scheduling new Shows how ....

Postby NYPlayer » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:49 pm

How do you schedule and find upcoming new shows since the DVR is useless for this ? I am using metacritic maybe there are better ways ? March has many new shows upcoming.

JoeHanson

Re: Scheduling new Shows how ....

Postby JoeHanson » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:40 pm

I use the search feature on the Discover view. If it's a new program weeks away, I create an alert on my calendar.

NYPlayer

Postby NYPlayer » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:09 pm

I use the search feature on the Discover view. If it's a new program weeks away, I create an alert on my calendar.
The search feature is ok if you know the names.... which you don't because they are new for ex. KRYPTON I didn't even know it was a new show.Krypton is set to premiere on March 21, 2018. I wish there was a view of new shows and episodes.

DebbieFL33

Postby DebbieFL33 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:42 pm

The same applies to discovering new movies. One must know the movie name in order to search. Having to use an outside source to find new material (to determine that exact name to enter in search) defeats the purpose of discovery on HDHR. :lol: :D :lol:

groundhog22

Postby groundhog22 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:04 pm

I like the idea of new shows. I guess I could sit through commercials,.... but that won't show the other networks!

Something that showed "New Season" might be cool and would catch all the new shows. Coded as all episode 01 with a future first air network air date ( to include foreign like BBC on PBS /BBC America) however it would also catch old "Flying Wild Alaska" on any new network that picked them up/.

elabra

Postby elabra » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:52 pm

...kinda makes you miss MCE.... what was it called there again? Wish List?

It would be nice to be able to enter a phrase i.e. "Krypton" and get all the upcoming shows with "Krypton" in the title and/or subject recorded even those that don't air until past the end of the program guide data. That was a nice feature of MCE.

Arative

Postby Arative » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:06 pm

I hide every show I know I'll never record in the discover section, so they only thing that shows there are shows I'm recording. Go on daily to hide or record new shows, makes it fairly easy to manage.

NYPlayer

Postby NYPlayer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:18 pm

I hide every show I know I'll never record in the discover section, so they only thing that shows there are shows I'm recording. Go on daily to hide or record new shows, makes it fairly easy to manage.
That is ok if you are the only one using the DVR in your household.... but with multiple users it just does not work others might want to record shows you hid.

NYPlayer

Postby NYPlayer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:23 pm

The same applies to discovering new movies. One must know the movie name in order to search. Having to use an outside source to find new material (to determine that exact name to enter in search) defeats the purpose of discovery on HDHR. :lol: :D :lol:
I do not even use the DVR for Movies only for recording TVShows ... I use SageTV which I can Schedule movies by actor, genre, keyword, and more. I like the DVR to do the work for me ... why should I have to look through hundreds of movies to see what I want to record.

DebbieFL33

Postby DebbieFL33 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:51 pm

Exactly my point. One cannot use HDHR to discover “Movies” hence we don’t use it. Since movies are a major part of our recording usage, we use another DVR service where it is easy to find the new listings added since last viewed for upcoming movies and then choose to record.

Also we don’t have to reset padding to 0s/0s when we do setup recording as this service allows us to set a default padding for all (which can also then be changed on a case by case basis).

These two features are both available in Channels and Plex...and probably most other DVR services.

HDHR has too many negatives (more than just above) to use as our DVR. Although when/if DRM finally materializes we will again start to use HDHR. But just for our DRM channels.

Return to “HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting (Live & DVR)”