New Quatro keeps losing network connection

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
hockeypfef

Re: New Quatro keeps losing network connection

Postby hockeypfef » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:37 pm

That makes sense since it just started working. Thanks!

hockeypfef

Postby hockeypfef » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:53 pm

Now I am getting no video data. According to the system log it looks like it is trying to use 2 tuners at once.

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:49 pm

The no video data message indicates that the HDHomeRun was not able to get a signal from the channel at the time you tried to access it. This would typically be due to poor reception, but would also happen if the station was experiencing technical issues.

hockeypfef

Postby hockeypfef » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:11 pm

That's what I figured, but a channel scan keeps finding it so I was confused.

My Quatro continues to lose network. The green network light just keeps blinking and sometimes eventually stops and everything is normal until I lose network connection again. I never had this problem when I used my HDHomerun Prime. Anything else I can try?

Actually, I can't even get it to connect now.

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:43 pm

A blinking green light indicates that the HDHomeRun has a network connection but isn't getting an IP address assigned via DHCP. First thing to try would be rebooting the router.

hockeypfef

Postby hockeypfef » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:19 am

I have done that many times. Nothing else on my network has this issue. It has been stable for a few days so maybe it is fixed.

One last question. What is the best way to test the signal strength? I mean, I do a scan and channels are found. However, some are detected but I get the no video video data, it is hard to determine the issue.

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:54 pm

The hdhomerun_config_gui program is a signal monitoring tool. You can find it on Windows in c:\Program Files\Silicondust\HDHomeRun, on Mac by control-clicking the app in the Applications folder and selecting Show package contents, or on Linux by building the source or installing from the distro's repository (if available). You can also use the HDHomeRun Signal Meter program on Android.

Return to “HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting (Live & DVR)”