Newby questions

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
groundhog22

Re: Newby questions

Postby groundhog22 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:40 pm

It looks like there is an issue using the skip_b_frames=1 parm if you are also using the output.txt file. The calculated frame numbers in the .txt file seem to be divided by two from what they should be.

The .edl files continue to show the correct time values with skip black frames either on or off and also work with Kodi.

DebbieFL33

Postby DebbieFL33 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:12 am

@groundhog22 (aka sleepy66, haha)

For once, procrastination pays off :lol:

Channels Devs (my DVR service) just added an option to add edl file to the appropiate recording folder when running their comskip!!! Hooray

Also, another user had written a script (long ago) to make a copy of the archived edls and add to the folders. He cleaned it up and posted on github yesterday.

HEAVEN for me! Won’t have time until this weekend to try them out, but what a great opportunity.

I’m also going to utilize your scripts as a learning process so that in the future I will understand more. Your assistance during “my comskip process” has already helped me tremendously.

Thank you for being so patient and taking the time to explain all. This is great experience for me.

DebbieFL33

Postby DebbieFL33 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:41 pm

@groundhog22

Just one additional note to my previous post. Had a minute or so...hence, ran Channels developer’s “one line” option. Surprise! Surprise!
They added additional job of adding edls to prior recordings, in addtion to settings for future recordings.

I am now the proud recipient of ALL of my recorded files containing edls. Works a treat in Kodi. What bliss!

DebbieFL33

Postby DebbieFL33 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:22 am

I didn't forget about you. The executable file called comskip should be all that you need. I am pretty deep in snow and can give more detail tomorrow..

Otherwise if you want to press on today, here is my wrapper script that I set to run each night. It takes about 5 minutes for a half hour show. The output is a .txt file which is what Kodi likes. My recordings are based in a subdirectory of HDHomweRun called _RECORDINGS_. I have this file and comskip in a sub-directory called _Utility which is also where my comskip.ini file is.

It examines all mpg files in the entire HDHR tree
and creates a new comskip (txt) file for each recording that does not already have one.

file SkipAll

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh ########################################################### # # Run through all the directories in HDHomerun to exec comskip # Use nohup if available while running in foreground - not needed if scheduled. # # This script looks for the list of recorded .mpg files # if no associated (comskip) .txt files exists, create one ############################################################ date find /share/HDHomeRun/_RECORDINGS_/*/*.mpg -type f |egrep -v 'Live TV'| sed 's/.mpg$//' |while read nm do echo "checking mpgfile: ${nm}.mpg" [[ -f "${nm}.txt" ]] ||/share/HDHomeRun/_Utility/comskip --ini=/share/HDHomeRun/_Utility/comskip.ini "${nm}.mpg" date done
comskip.ini

lowres=10 edl_skip_field=3 hwassist=1 hardware_decode=1 thread_count=2 ; with hwassist always 4 ; ;play_nice_start=2000 ;play_nice_stop=2300 ; give_up_logo_search=2000 max_commercialbreak=640 min_commercialbreak=14 max_commercial_size=470 min_commercial_size=6 min_show_segment_length=55 padding=1 global_threshold=1 delete_show_after_last_commercial=0

Add the following to your cron to run on your set schedule. This runs at 11:09PM and 03:09AM

9 3,23 * * * /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/HDHomeRun/_Utility/skipAll >/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/HDHomeRun/comskip.log 2>>/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/HDHomeRun/comskip.log
Thank you again for posting your scripts. I am now caught up with .txt files for all previous SD movie recordings (using your SkipAll ...adjusted for my install) and have a cron job for future. Although I understand the underlying commands...I wouldn’t have been able to create...been >20 years for me since sql coding :lol: You’ve inspired me to learn more in linux.

Debbie

groundhog22

Postby groundhog22 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:12 am

Super! I'm glad if it helps. It comes back. Next up, try DVR start/Stop/Upgrade, and then timed recording!

But most of all, Have Fun!

Return to “HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting (Live & DVR)”