HDHomerun Quatro: Unable to Play Channel: End of Stream

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
NYPlayer

Re: HDHomerun Quatro: Unable to Play Channel: End of Stream

Postby NYPlayer » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:17 pm

I am having same issue it'll work fine one minute and go blank the next..I have we box for DVR Comcast blast internet, Amazon tv and a stick also a Nvidia shield all do the same thing but only seems to be with local channels I have a hdhr prime..

Any solution???
I wish you luck in getting this fixed it has been reported over and over again but no fix ... That is one reason I no longer use the HDHomerun software to view livetv.

This is the last we heard from SD Support ...

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=67973#p315843

DebbieFL33

Postby DebbieFL33 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:33 pm

I am having same issue it'll work fine one minute and go blank the next..I have we box for DVR Comcast blast internet, Amazon tv and a stick also a Nvidia shield all do the same thing but only seems to be with local channels I have a hdhr prime..

Any solution???
I wish you luck in getting this fixed it has been reported over and over again but no fix ... That is one reason I no longer use the HDHomerun software to view livetv.

I’m really not trying to be controversial, but as you’ve stated you are not using SD HDHR for live TV nor movie recording, why are you still using HDHR for recording TV/series? What is the compelling feature instead of Emby (for example).

NYPlayer

Postby NYPlayer » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:09 pm

Any solution???

I’m really not trying to be controversial, but as you’ve stated you are not using SD HDHR for live TV nor movie recording, why are you still using HDHR for recording TV/series? What is the compelling feature instead of Emby (for example).
Emby does not run on WD NAS Devices ... so there ;) .. I have a PR4100. Right now I do not want the additional network traffic that will be required having EMBY record to my NAS. Emby would have to take the HDHomerun stream to a PC run it through FFMPEG then write it to my NAS. So that is NETWORK traffic coming into my server and NETWORK traffic going out just to record.

Plus the KODI unofficial plugin is better than the HDHomerun App... and works better.

DebbieFL33

Postby DebbieFL33 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:19 pm

Aaahhh, thanks for the clarification, now I understand. Appears SD HDHR might be tailor made to WD...especially the inexpensive single bay MyClouds...which is a fantastic low cost solution as a server for HDHR. :lol:

Azervos3

Postby Azervos3 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:52 am

Still happens to me occasionally...I think I found a temp fix...I usually tune to the channel not working usually for me local nbc 1030 or 4. And I have to shut off the HD home run app and open it back up but it has to start up like it does when you first start it up with it logging into it credentials and it usually works. Still not a permanent fix but better then not working at all

johnnj

Postby johnnj » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:40 pm

I do that, too. However, there's no guarantee how long it'll continue working after restarting it.

I've resorted to using Plex for live TV, but it's not ideal because it takes a lot more tapping to get to where the video starts playing.

The HDHomerun app (if it was stable) is much more convenient.

Return to “HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting (Live & DVR)”