QNAP QPKG for DVR Record Engine

Downloads & Instructions
jagermeister

Re: QNAP QPKG for DVR Record Engine

Post by jagermeister »

Appreciate your help so far. Something must be screwed up. I followed your instructions and ensured I was logged in as admin and admin had rw access. I installed the V 0.9.7 qpkg (but says v 0.9.5 at the top but with beta 3) and the HDHomeRunDVR folder was not installed. However, the UI opened up and could click on and see the various tabs. It logs, it said my record path is invalid. I tried to add the shared folder manually via Filestation under Multimedia and then I got that access denied to apache server... I removed the folder and tried to change my record path to just Multimedia. It updated but still getting the error in the log file. I then tried to stop the record engine and then that said access denied.

I was able to go to my.hdhomerun.com and it shows I have two record engines even though I deleted the one on my Mac.

HDHomeRun Hardware

HDHomeRun RECORD
Version 20160809atest1

HDHomeRun RECORD
Version 20160901beta3

HDHomeRun CONNECT 10458ED3
Version 20160630atest2
12 Channels

When I click on the system log for the record engine on my NAS I get:

System Status
Version 20160901beta3
Storage ID e6bcaab8-62db-8bed-d19b-eeaf090a59ec
Record Path null
Search Path /share/Multimedia/
Free Space 0 GB
IP Address 192.168.1.108
IP Address 10.0.3.1

The UI shows:
Config File Location
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/HDHomeRunDVR/HDHomeRunDVR.conf
RecordPath
/share/Multimedia
Port
StorageID
e6bcaab8-62db-8bed-d19b-eeaf090a59ec

So, not sure what to do now. How do you run the diagnostic and where is it located after the install?

jagermeister

Post by jagermeister »

Here is the diagnostics.sh output:

QPKG installed to - /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/HDHomeRunDVR
QPKG Version Installed - 0.9.7
Checking /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/HDHomeRunDVR exists - TRUE
Checking /share/Web exists - TRUE
/share/Web points to /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Web and EXISTS
Checking the UI link exists in Web Share - True
/share/Web/HDHomeRunDVR points to /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/HDHomeRunDVR/ui and EXISTS
HDHomeRunDVR/style set 775
CSS file exists and is set as 644
Checking UI Vars file exists - TRUE
====== CONTENTS =======
<?php
final class DVRUI_Vars
{
const DVRUI_version ="0.9.5";
const DVRUI_name ="QNAP HDHomeRun DVR Manager";
const DVRUI_author ="Rik Dunphy";
const DVRUI_email ="d3monrik@gmail.com";
const DVRUI_git ="https://github.com/Silicondust/dvr_install";
const DVR_qpkgPath ="/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/HDHomeRunDVR";
const DVR_bin ="hdhomerun_record_linux";
const DVR_sh ="HDHomeRunDVR.sh";
const DVR_config ="HDHomeRunDVR.conf";
const DVRUI_TZ ='';
}
?>
====== CONTENTS =======
Checking record engine configfile exists TRUE
====== CONTENTS =======
RecordPath=/share/Multimedia
Port=59090
StorageID=e6bcaab8-62db-8bed-d19b-eeaf090a59ec
====== CONTENTS =======
Checking /share/Multimedia exists TRUE

jagermeister

Post by jagermeister »

OK, I believe it is somehow working now. I ssh in and stopped the record engine manually and then was able to restart the engine in the UI. It started and updated the record path to /share/Multimedia.

I was also able to uninstall the record engine from my mac and now shows only one engine.

Will test now trying to record and play back via Kodi plug in.

Thanks!

JerryB

Post by JerryB »

Something strange is going on. For some reason, when I click on the link and open the shared folder to get the latest version, the most recent files that I see are 0.9.5 from Aug 1 and diagnostics.sh from Aug 31. Neither 0.9.6 or 0.9.7 appear in the list of files that are shared with me. Is something messed up with the share? For what it's worth, on my computer the share is listed as QDK_HDHomeRunDVR and only contains the files from 0.9.1 to 0.9.5 plus the diagnostics.sh file.

demonrik
Device ID: 108042A1, 10814D8E

Post by demonrik »

jagermeister wrote:Appreciate your help so far.
Other way round.. really appreciate you patience and persistence
Something must be screwed up. I followed your instructions and ensured I was logged in as admin and admin had rw access. I installed the V 0.9.7 qpkg (but says v 0.9.5 at the top but with beta 3) and the HDHomeRunDVR folder was not installed.
thats a bug - will fix. had thought i had that updating from installer..
However, the UI opened up and could click on and see the various tabs. It logs, it said my record path is invalid. I tried to add the shared folder manually via Filestation under Multimedia and then I got that access denied to apache server...
Filestation is creating the folder with user permissions only.. You need to make sure its group readable and executable.
I'm still worried about the not creating the folder.
Can I ask a favour?
remove the package from app center..

BUT - don't re-install from it.
Instead upload the QPKG file to Public or something
SSH to the box and install via command line with

Code: Select all

>sh <path_to_qpkg>/<qpkg file>
It will give more output on what is going on :)
I removed the folder and tried to change my record path to just Multimedia. It updated but still getting the error in the log file. I then tried to stop the record engine and then that said access denied.
Yes - you need to restart once you change the record path, and the initial restart and permissions is a known issue, and you need to ssh and shutdown manually after install and reboot if you need/want to control the engine from the UI.
jagermeister wrote:OK, I believe it is somehow working now. I ssh in and stopped the record engine manually and then was able to restart the engine in the UI. It started and updated the record path to /share/Multimedia.
Yaay!!
But we need to fix that subfolder issue so at least the DVR recordings can be separated out :)

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

JerryB wrote:Something strange is going on. For some reason, when I click on the link and open the shared folder to get the latest version, the most recent files that I see are 0.9.5 from Aug 1 and diagnostics.sh from Aug 31. Neither 0.9.6 or 0.9.7 appear in the list of files that are shared with me. Is something messed up with the share? For what it's worth, on my computer the share is listed as QDK_HDHomeRunDVR and only contains the files from 0.9.1 to 0.9.5 plus the diagnostics.sh file.
Must be a google CDN update issue
As you can see from other user - it did update it.. please check again.

JerryB

Post by JerryB »

demonrik wrote:Must be a google CDN update issue
As you can see from other user - it did update it.. please check again.
I just checked and no files show up that are dated after August 31. I'll try again later today.

Edit: I guess it was some sort of Google CDN issue - 0.9.7 just showed up.

mimmic

Post by mimmic »

..I can't see the newest qpkg either. I first clicked on the google link and saw it, thought I should check the thread to verify the newest version, and then went back and it was gone... Been sitting here almost an hour waiting for it to reappear (reloading the page every few mins).

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

Removed - see OP for correct version and link
Last edited by demonrik on Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cetheridge30

Post by cetheridge30 »

It's the strangest thing. I too am unable to see the latest releases on the Google Drive page. However, I think its something wrong with Chrome (Beta). Just out of curiosity, when I didn't see the files I tried Internet Explorer and the files are there. Firefox as well. The only other difference is that I am not signed into Google Drive on the other browsers. Anyway, to those who can't see the files, for now, just try a different browser.

mimmic

Post by mimmic »

cetheridge30 wrote:It's the strangest thing. I too am unable to see the latest releases on the Google Drive page. However, I think its something wrong with Chrome (Beta). Just out of curiosity, when I didn't see the files I tried Internet Explorer and the files are there. Firefox as well. The only other difference is that I am not signed into Google Drive on the other browsers. Anyway, to those who can't see the files, for now, just try a different browser.
I ended up using Edge to download it yesterday. I am still unable to see it in Firefox (the 0.9.8 doesn't show either).

321liftoff

Post by 321liftoff »

Definitely bizarre. I ended up opening the Google Drive page in an Incognito window and then they showed up.

My issue in a normal chrome browser window, in addition to the versions past 0.9.5 not showing up, is that all the versions before 0.9.1, including versions with a "q" prefix still show up, which should be deleted... funny stuff going on with Google...

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

Very odd..
I use the 'cloud drive sync' on qnap to push local folder to Google Drive.
Can probably replicate to OneDrive and Dropbox. Will look in to it.

321liftoff

Post by 321liftoff »

demonrik, are you updating the version number on the banner home page? I just installed 0.9.8 (and verified in the QNAP Apps listing) but the HDHomeRun DVR Manager banner shows 0.9.4.

Edit: by the way, version 0.9.4 was the last version I had installed. I also verify that the latest record engine version is present.

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

321liftoff wrote:demonrik, are you updating the version number on the banner home page? I just installed 0.9.8 (and verified in the QNAP Apps listing) but the HDHomeRun DVR Manager banner shows 0.9.4.

Edit: by the way, version 0.9.4 was the last version I had installed. I also verify that the latest record engine version is present.
I changed how its set in 0.9.8...
So could be a bug.
Did u upgrade from 0.9.4?