Olympic’s reveals homerun app weakness

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
A-TV-viewer

Olympic’s reveals homerun app weakness

Post by A-TV-viewer »

I have been recording the Olympic coverage. Each program can be multiple hours long. I have multiple Homerun app options. Firestick gen2 firestick 4K, iPad, iPhone. All app option crash when attempting to fast forward multiple times in quick succession. This makes it impossible to move through these large/long recordings to get to the sport of interest. :(
Please consider implementing
1) multiple speed fast forward/revers as is standard on every DVR I’ve used. 1,2,3, or even 4 different speeds
2) option for fast forward with or without preview
3) jump to time stamp or a percentage of the way through the recording

Many thanks

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Olympic’s reveals homerun app weakness

Post by nickk »

Hi,

#3 is a new feature being implemented.

We are not tracking any crash situations with FF. Are you experiencing the crash with both your Fire TV and your iOS devices? Does the app completely close/disappear?

Nick

sdust

Post by sdust »

Why not allow clicking on the slide bar to get quickly to the position of choice?

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

sdust wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:25 am Why not allow clicking on the slide bar to get quickly to the position of choice?
Yes, that is the approach we are taking to implement it.

A-TV-viewer

Post by A-TV-viewer »

nickk wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:04 am Hi,

#3 is a new feature being implemented.

We are not tracking any crash situations with FF. Are you experiencing the crash with both your Fire TV and your iOS devices? Does the app completely close/disappear?

Nick
Hi Nick,
The on all devices the playback freezes and the app stops responding to input

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

What is the Device ID of your HDHomeRun and what channel are you recording?

Nick

foxbat121
Device ID: 131087C9, 13233B7C

Post by foxbat121 »

While we are on this topic, what about add the capability to output Dolby Vision from HDHR app? NBC's 4K Olympic broadcast stream contains Dolby Vision + HDR10 and Dolby Atmos audio. So far, HDHR app is limited to HDR10 only. I can copy my recordings from Verizon to the Plex Server and it will playback in Dolby Vision without problem.

Other than that, I have no problem play back the 4K Olympic either live or recorded.